The Catholic Development Commission in Malawi (CADECOM) is a relief and development arm of the Catholic Church, it aims at creating awareness and empowering the disadvantaged men, women and youths at all levels to undertake development which is integral, gender and environment sensitive, sustainable and which promotes justice, human dignity and self-reliance with the active participation of the people themselves so that they take up responsibility of their own destiny. CADECOM of the Archdiocese of Lilongwe implements a number of projects in the areas of Food security and livelihoods, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) among others.
CADECOM is looking for a well-qualified and experienced candidate to fill the vacant positions as below:
POSITION : Field Officer
REPORTS TO : Project Coordinator
Core responsibility: To ensure that the project activities in the impact site are delivered on time and with excellent quality in liaison with all stakeholders including communities, Archdiocese of Lilongwe structures and other development partners
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct trainings and lead awareness raising to communities relating to project concepts
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely reports and liquidation after every activity
- Facilitate the implementation of livelihoods activities associated with the project such as; nutrition, agriculture or food security, water, sanitation and hygiene.
- Lead in community mobilization for the project
- Be the key data collector regarding the project at the project impact area level
- Come up with and document project success stories and lessons learnt.
- Promote networking with other stakeholders within the project impact areas.
- Participate together with other staff in regular planning, review, and coordination of project activities.
- Represent the project at fora at project impact area level
- Do any other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with preferably focusing in the areas of livestock management, agronomy and management micro-investments, fisheries, irrigation, VSL.
- A holder of a valid Motorcycle riding license.
Candidate meeting stated requirements should send a cover letter, along with copies of academic certificate and Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to:
Catholic Development Commission in Malawi(CADECOM),
Archdiocese of Lilongwe,
P.O. Box 631,
Hand-delivered to CADECOM Office, behind Likuni Mission Hospital in Likuni, Lilongwe.
Deadline for receiving the application is 27th September, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Archdiocese of Lilongwe CADECOM is an equal opportunity employer, hence both qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.