The Hunger Project Malawi
The Hunger Project Malawi a branch of the Global Hunger Project, currently working in Blantyre, Chikwawa, Dedza, Neno, Ntcheu, Salima and Zomba districts has received funding from Government of Malawi (with funding from KFW) through UNICEF to facilitate implementation of interventions for stunting reduction in collaboration with relevant Government sectors. The project will be implemented in Phalombe and Nsanje districts for a period of five years.
The Hunger Project Malawi would like to recruit key staff with relevant skills and experienced to work in the project for successful implementation. The key positions to be recruited are as follows.
FIELD NUTRITION OFFICERS (Fifteen Positions)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with ANCCs and VNCCs in planning, coordination and provision of technical assistance to Care Groups as they carry out health and nutrition interventions.
- Coordinate effective training facilitation and orientation during ANCCs, VNCCs, CLANs, ACLANs, and Care Groups sessions.
- Regularly, with ANCCs, coordinate and supervise the works of care group promoters and cluster leaders.
- Ensure quality through regular monitoring of activities, checking that appropriate standards and procedures are observed in health and nutrition education interventions.
- Liaise with ANCCs, VNCCs and CLANs during community health and nutrition campaigns e.g. Immunization, Growth Monitoring, De-worming and Vitamin A capsule distribution campaigns, malaria prevention, etc Work with ANCCs, VNCCs, CLANs in developing bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and specified activity plans for care groups
- Liaise with ANCCs, VNCCs and care group promoters in compiling and analyzing progress reports from Care groups and timely submission to District Nutrition Officer on monthly basis.
- Liaise with ANCCs and VNCCS to ensure that Care Groups have the necessary job aids required for the work they are doing. + Participate in community review meetings, M&E initiatives, CG meetings as required.
- In liaison with care group promoters and VNCCs, facilitate supportive substitution to Care group sessions during emergency cases when VNCCs are not at a position to attend to Care Group activities.
- Monitoring project activities to ensure adherence to project M&E plans and commission standards and guideline.
- Coordinate and Participate in community planning and implementation of project related surveys.
- Promote participatory monitoring, evaluation, reporting and action planning at all SUN implementation levels.
- Assisting in data analysis, interpretation and informing management on progress and M&E reports in collaboration with M&E office for donor and District consumption.
- Facilitate and ensure active functioning of community SUN structures.
- Communicate (timely) with Nutrition Officer for assistance in circumstances that are beyond ANCC, VNCC, CLAN capacity.
- Serve as the SUN and THP-Mw focal point during community based fora.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Diploma in Agriculture, Food Science, Nutrition, with two years of working experience in community based nutrition related interventions, behavior change and communication methods.
- Must be able to ride a motor cycle with valid motor cycle license.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants, please send your resumes, with names and contacts of two traceable referees and a motivation covering letter addressed to the “Recruitment Officer’, to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org or to this following mailing address;
Head Office, Off Presidential Way, House Number 14/94, Private Bag 381, Lilongwe 3 to be received not later than 5:00pm on 31st May 2019. Please specify in the email address line, the position and district that you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted