Farm Radio Trust (FRT)
Farm Radio Trust (FRT) is an indigenous Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), whose main goal is promotion of information for sustainable livelihoods of farmers through innovative agriculture extension and advisory service delivery using radio enhanced by ICTs.
Position: E-Extension Agent
Responsible To: Director of Programmes
Location: FRT Call Centre Lilongwe
1. Job Summary
This position is aimed at contributing towards achievement of the FRT Vision of well-informed farmers that are food, nutrition and income secure through sound, evidence based and scientifically proven agricultural technologies and services in all fields of agriculture. Specifically, the e-Extension agent is responsible for the provision of agricultural advice to smallholder farmers in line with government policies, science and farmer practices on all agricultural value chains as well as Irrigation, climate change and food security through the Mlimi Hotline, an agricultural call centre.
2. Key Responsibilities
- Job Responsibility # 1: Offer sound, evidence based and scientifically proven agricultural advice to smallholder farmers in line with government policies, science and farmer practices on a specific value chain through the Mlimi Hotline.
- Job Responsibility # 2: To pick all calls that smallholder farmers make to the Mlimi Hotline related to the agricultural value chains.
- Job Responsibility # 3: Consult with the different assigned knowledge partners under specific agricultural value chains to support the analysis and provision of content at all levels to ensure technical accuracy and relevance of the content to appropriately address farmer queries during all calls.
- Job Responsibility # 4: Undertake monitoring and evaluation services through the development of weekly and monthly reports associated with the agricultural content requested for by callers; associated solutions offered; locations of callers; referral calls; farmer queries and/or frequently asked questions by callers.
- Job Responsibility # 5: Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor from time to time.
• Diploma in Agriculture Extension or any related area.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in agriculture extension services.
• Knowledge of ICT based Extension service desirable.
• Good communication skills.
Benefits/rewards of job:
Competitive salary and related benefits are competitive.
How to apply
Send your CV with three traceable referees, and motivation letter highlighting relevant achievements to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “E-Extension Agent” in your subject line.
Closing day for receiving applications
Friday, 15 March 2019