Save the Children
Save the Children is inviting applications for suitable and qualified personnel to fill the position of Deputy Program Manager for Titukulane Project. The Job Holder will have a reporting matrix to the Program Manager (PM) with a dotted reporting line to the Area Operations Manager. S/he will provide direct assistance to the Program Manager in overseeing the day to day running of the project. In working hand in hand with the PM the incumbent will ensure that project targets are met in compliance with USAID/FFP regulations. The position will supervise technical Coordinators for Agriculture, Marketing, Livelihoods, Health & Nutrition, WASH, Resilience, Natural Resources Management and Integration Officers. All the mentioned positions will be based in the project office in Zomba. The candidate will help the PM in planning and overseeing the implementation and monitoring of all project components in technical, financial control and general monitoring. At times the Deputy Program Manager will be required to represent Save the Children’s Food Security and Humanitarian and Livelihoods Programs and projects in CARE’s consortium and other assigned district as well as national, forums on behalf of the Program Manager.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with over 5 years’ practical experience in an appropriate Development related field such as Agricultural Sciences, Community Development, Rural Development, Development Studies, Social Science or Project Management.
- Be familiar with implementation of USAID funded projects and donor regulations.
- Must have evidence of experience at mid management level of implementing USAID funded projects
- A self-starter.
- Familiarity and compliance to Save the Children’s Values and work ethics.
- Those with additional tertiary academic and professional training in the relevant subject will have an added advantage.
- Over 5 years’ experience in implementation of USAID Title II projects at senior level.
- Excellent planning and budgeting skills
- Must possess high analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent team player
- Good communication skills
- Be culturally sensitive and allow community participation in all stages of Project implementation.
- Very good networking and lobbying skills
- Experience in commodity management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows/Word/Excel required.
- Must be well organized and capable of completing multiple tasks before a deadline.