Lafarge Cement Malawi Ltd
Lafarge Cement Malawi Invites applications from suitably qualified, highly motivated team players and results driven candidates for consideration to fill the following position
Reporting to the IT Country Lead Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Following up incidents. root cause analysis and problem metrics for his/ her database and application.
- Defining Backup catalogue to backup the business critical database and application log files (if needed)
- Implementing a Continued Process Improvement (CPI) approach for his/ her zone to confirm effective support by tracking the incident KPI
- Implementing, fine tuning and executing new change request or service request to support business by extracting data or build query at database level
- Defining, monitoring and reporting service levels and operating levels to ensure support and assist local IT Country Lead.
- Providing proper guidelines to ensure all systems and responsible service areas are compliant with all internal and external audit requirements.
- Monitoring the agreed service levels and escalating deviations to vendor of the database or application.
- Participate in the restoration process
Experience and Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in the following fields IT, Computer Science, Business Information Technology, Management Information Systems or any related discipline with an IT focus.
- DBA or MS/Oracle System Administration related certification is an added advantage.
- Ability to extract and analyze data by use of proper tools
- Ability to Backup/restore data by defining auto alert mechanisms within tools.
- Have adequate knowledge of focus areas to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Local Safety rules and regulations.
Leadership and Behavioural Skill
- Result driven
- Team and personal development skills.
- Good aptitude for organization arid communication
- Leadership in managing projects.
- Problem Solving/ Decision-making skills.
The successful applicants will be provided with a competitive salary, and benefits commensurate with this position. Applications with a detailed CV and three traceable referees should be sent to
The Human Resources Manager, Lafarge Cement Malawi Ltd, P.O. Box 523, Blantyre.
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not later than Friday, 15th June, 2018.