Mitchell Group, Inc.
The Mitchell Group, Inc. is recruiting a Data Specialist for the anticipated Learning to Perform (L2P) award for the USAID Mission in Malawi. The Data Specialist will develop and maintain L2P internal databases and manage data for USAID as needed. S/he will also support the design of digital data collection tools. The position is full-time, based in Lilongwe, and contingent on funding. Citizens of Malawi are encouraged to apply.
- Design, adapt, and maintain a data management system (DMS) to house MELS programmatic data, third party context data, and relevant USAID performance monitoring data;
- Support USAID in the transition to its Development Information Solution (DIS) through technical assistance and training related to data cleaning and preparation;
- Review data being entered in the DMS regularly to locate and address issues with data entry and/or integrity;
- Support data collection efforts at all stages, including design of digital data collection instruments to include geotagging, training enumerators in relevant aspects of digital data collection, and cleaning and/or spot-checking data as necessary;
- Provide expert data visualization support to L2P products, including generating tables, figures, graphs, and spatial/cartographic products from the DMS and other sources; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- At least eight years of professional experience in database development, design, and management;
- Advanced working knowledge of geographic information systems, including but not limited to ArcGIS, or related software;
- Previous experience in the creation of data-driven deliverables and their presentation, preferably within a USAID project setting;
- Experience with at least one of the following data visualization packages: Tableau, Power BI, MS SmartArt, Lucidchart, Adobe CS 5 Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Flash, or similar; and
- Excellent MS Word and MS Excel skills are essential.
- Familiarity with DevResults software;
- Similar experience on a USAID-funded award; and
- Professional experience in Malawi.
How to Apply:
Required Application Materials:
- CV in English
- 1420 Biodata form (dated & signed)
- Three (3) professional references
Please send relevant CV/resumes, 1420 Biodata form, and application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. The 1420 Biodata form can be found here: https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-1420-17. In the subject line, please indicate “USAID/Malawi MELS DCOP / (Last Name)”. CV/resumes will be reviewed as they are received, early application is encouraged. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.