PCI, through U.S. Department of Defense funding, implements the DHAPP (Department of Defense HIV/AIDS Prevention Program) Program, in collaborative partnership with the Malawi Defense Force (MDF). Supported by the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), the project will be implementing an Electronic Medical Records system at the facility level, which will require temporary back data entry of patient level data and HIV testing data. This position requires highly efficient clerical ability, attention to detail, passion for accuracy, and an accountant’s mindset for investigating and resolving discrepancies or irregularities. The Data Entry Clerks will be working at various Malawi Defense Force health facilities. This position will require extensive travels across the country.
- Enter alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from source documents into computer following format displayed on screen.
- Confirm accuracy of data such as names, dates, times, locations, and HIV test result.
- Compare data entered with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format on screen to detect errors.
- Review and make necessary corrections to the information entered.
- Take part in performing data quality assessments.
- Collaborate in the ongoing improvement of the efficiency of data entry, identifying and proposing ways to streamline the process.
- Contribute to a team effort and accomplish related results as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or higher in Information technology or science field.
- 2 years of practical clerical or computer-based experience.
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals on a highly pressured environment.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience working in HIV/AIDS projects.
Qualified candidates must submit their applications, including recent curriculum vitae with three traceable referees by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject line must have the position name.
Applications must be received by close of business on Monday 17, 2019.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are encouraged to apply.