Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM)
Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM) is a Malawian Non-Governmental Healthcare Organization established in 1987 BLM provides quality Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare including HIV/AIDS information and interventions. BLM is a senior member of the Marie Stopes International Partnership which works in 37 countries. BLM exists to improve quality of life in Malawi through family planning and reproductive health care services. BLM serves over 800,000 clients annually and makes a significant contribution to national family planning objectives. The organization has national coverage, operating through 26 clinics, over 460 outreach sites and a network of 48 private franchises.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified person to fill the following position existing in the organisation.
LOCATION: SOUTH, CENTRAL & NORTH
The purpose of the position is to provide high quality integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services in line with MSI standards
- Ensure team is meeting monthly and develop action plans in line with identified challenges
- Submit monthly performance reports within the stipulated time frames
- Mentoring team members in line with MSI/BLM core values
- Assist in managing the relationship between the centre and all stakeholders within the community or district
A. Service Provision:
- Provision of comprehensive family planning/ sexual reproductive health and general health services in line with laid down protocols and procedures including HIV testing services
- Perform surgical procedures in both the Centre and at community outreach sites in line with MSI/BLM/MOH standards (including BTLs, PAC, Implant insertion / removal, circumcision)
B. Client care:
- In line with Ministry of Health and, BLM clinical standards, provide effective and safe care to all clients, which has the following qualities: Consistent, Reliable, Courteous, Value for money, prompt, excellent, with positive client experience as perceived and judged by customers Implementation of MSI pain management guidelines which includes “vocal local”, a MSI conversation technique used to relax clients during procedures.
- Lead management of any clinical and products related incidents to safeguard safety of clients, including incident reporting, gathering, submission of client documents, investigation, and completion of developed action plans.
C. Record Keeping and Reporting
- Routinely maintain accurate records of all procedures and produce reports as necessary.
- Ensure that clinical governance procedures are adhered to.
- Marketing and business development
- Together with other members of the centres team, contribute to ensuring that the centre is self-sustaining and help generate additional clients, retain existing clients and “cross-sell” BLM services, liaise with Community Outreach Programme and the RHA’s support and take part in promotional events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- 3-5 years’ post-qualification experience as a Clinical Officer, with significant experience performing mini-laparotomy
- Commendable experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis and comprehensive report writing skits
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Extensive knowledge of modern family practices and procedure
- Thorough knowledge of the use and effects of various drugs.
- General knowledge of obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Ability to perform mini-laparotomy and minor surgical procedures without supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and other team members.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement in making decisions involving non-routine problems
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter including names and contact details of at least two traceable referees as follows:
- One reference from your current employer and One reference from your previous employer Or
- One reference from your last employer and One reference from your last but one employer
All applications should be addressed to’
Human Resource Director, Banja La Mtsogolo, P.O. Box 1854, LILONGWE
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach him not later than Friday 31st May 2019.
BLM is an equal opportunities employer No canvassing of any kind is allowed