Electricity Generation Company (Malawi) Limited (EGENCO)
Electricity Generation Company (Malawi) Limited (EGENCO) is a limited liability company incorporated under the Companies Act (Cap. 46:03) of the Laws of Malawi on 7th September 2016. The company was established with the mandate of generating electricity in Malawi.
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified Persons of Malawi origin to fill the following vacant position tenable in the company:
CHIEF ENGINEER — GENERATION CONTROL AND POWER TRADING (GRADE EG 4)
- Ensure that all relevant communication with the System and Market Operator and the Single Buyer are in line with the Grid Code and Market Rules
- Plan and implement generation daily and weekly power dispatch in compliance with Power Purchase Agreement and Malawi Grid Code
- Coordinate metering availability, rectification and defects and resolution of irregularities/discrepancies
- Produce energy transactions and KPI reports for all stakeholders
- Coordinate monitoring of generation power system condition to ensure optimum performance in line with Malawi grid code requirements
- Participate in preparation and implementation of schedules for preventive maintenance, rehabilitation and modernization works for power plants
- Coordinate water resource management in collaboration with other stakeholders
- Ensure that operations of power plants are compliant with legislation
- Providing leadership in administration and management of Generation Control and Power Trading Department
- Participate in formulation and implementation of Strategic and Business Plants
- Prepare and implement departmental Capital and operational budgets
- Develop manpower and prepare staff training programs
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, mid-year and annual reports for the department.
Responsible to Director of Operations
- Physically fit
- Holder of MSCE or its equivalent and BSc in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering obtained from reputable institution
- With at least ten years post qualification experience of which five years should be relevant experience in hydro plants and operations at senior engineer level and be a registered member of Malawi Board of Engineers.
- Should be mature and possess good analytical, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and decision-making skills and be creative with high degree of understating of engineering operations works.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All interested persons should submit applications attaching a comprehensive CV, relevant certificates and names of three traceable referees to reach the undermentioned not later than 2nd March 2019:
Director of Human Resources and Administration, Electricity Generation Company (MW) Ltd, Chayamba Building— Floor No. 4, P. O. Box 1567, BLANTYRE.