Our Client, a reputable conglomerate, seeks a suitable candidate to fill the vacant position of Chef/House Keeper tenable at its Cottage located at Monkey-Bay in Mangochi. We, therefore, would like to solicit applications from interested candidates for the position.
The successful candidate for this position will from time to time come into contact with privileged information and also be required to work with minimum supervision as such only those with a proven track record of initiative, honesty and integrity will be considered for the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that the Cottage and its fixtures and surroundings are smartly maintained and kept in good repair and hygiene
- Ensuring availability of all sundries and toiletries
- Receiving visitors and maintaining records of their visit
- Attending to laundry and ensuring that all linen and general cleanliness of the interior. Preparing food in a timely manner as may be requested
- Attending to purchases of food and grocery supplies
Our client is looking for an individual with:
- High attention to detail
- Sensitive to personal and general hygiene
- Ability to carry out simple repairs
- Amiable, smart and sober personality
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- A Diploma in Hotel Management from a reputable institution
- A Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE).
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar position.
- Fluency in English
Interested individuals who meet the above criteria should send their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae indicating the names and addresses of three traceable referees by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Careers Consulting Limited will not entertain any enquiries regarding this position. Canvassing will lead to disqualification. We have a zero tolerance policy to corruption, as such, our employees shall report any attempts to seek favours through corruption, or any means to the relevant authorities.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 20th May 2021.