Job Title: Call Center Officer (CCO)
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Reports to: Call Centre Associate Manager (CC AM)
GiveDirectly is driving a re-evaluation of the assumptions underlying international philanthropy with a provocative model: we deliver donations directly to the extreme poor and let them decide what to do with them. This approach builds on two converging trends: the rapid spread of electronic last-mile payments solutions in the emerging markets, and the large body of experimental evidence showing that direct transfers are as or more cost-effective at reducing poverty than more traditional, top-down approaches. GiveDirectly’s field operations utilize state-of-the-art technology and business processes to deliver transfers securely, efficiently, and transparently. Our unorthodox approach – allowing the poor, and not the donor, to choose where they invest – has prompted debate in the popular press and among policy makers. GiveDirectly has been featured on NPR’s This American Life, and in Foreign Affairs, The Economist, and The New York Times. It was named one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by FastCompany, one of the 25 Most Audacious Companies by Inc., and one of GiveWell’s top-rated charities for 4 years running.
The Call Center Officer (CCO) will be responsible for ensuring GiveDirectly recipients receive gold standard customer support. The Call Center Officer will resolve recipient questions and resolve any issues related to GiveDirectly’s program. The Call Center Officer will also carry out and support a variety of field activities on any given day. In short, the Call Center Officer will be responsible for executing the recipient surveys and associated processes that facilitate GiveDirectly’s unique cash transfer model. The role will reward strong service skills, attention to details, high-quality judgment on operational questions and challenges, work ethic, effective communication skills, and a strong commitment to GiveDirectly’s mission and model.
- Receive incoming calls and provide solutions and responses to both enquiries and complaints from GiveDirectly recipients.
- Raise/escalate any sensitive cases that may cause harm to a recipient life/family safety for action to be taken.
- Confirm details of GiveDirectly’s program to enrolled households
- Explain safety and readiness information to recipients
- Capture the interaction between the CCO and the recipients accurately without omissions and distortion.
- Propose any new ideas to the Call Centre Associate Manager based on the recipient feedback
- Conduct telephone surveys to ensure recipients have received their transfers with no issues
- Collect, Confirm and Capture any new information from the calls.
- Handle other recipient support channels if required (eg. SMS)
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to handle complaints in a polite; empathetic and professional manner
- Ability to use a positive, constructive, and solution-focused approach whenever conflict arises
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm when faced with routine work
- Ability to multi-task
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality of recipient information.
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent typing skills.
Knowledge and skills:
- The ideal candidate must hold an A’ level certificate or Diploma, a Degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- A quick learner who has a passion for providing solutions.
- At least 1 year experience in call centers/service industry.
- Past experience in NGOs is an added advantage
- Fluent in Chichewa and English Language
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel
The listing is open until 30 May, 2019. Ignore the date indicated on the application page