Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
The Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a recognized global leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS. In its work to eliminate paediatric AIDS through research, advocacy. and prevention and treatment programs, EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners in 15 countries. EGPAF supports service provision for comprehensive HIV care, treatment and prevention programs, and health systems strengthening. EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001 Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence-based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 151 health facilities in eight districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) – funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi.
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open position:
Position: Associate IT Officer
Location: Lilongwe with high possibility of relocation to Blantyre after a year.
Reporting to: IT Officer
The Associate IT Officer is a self-motivated individual who under the direct supervision and guidance of the IT Officer will provide IT technical assistance for EGPAF-Malawi programs. The Associate IT Officer will assist in the design, planning, implementation and support of EGPAF IT infrastructure at both Lilongwe office and district offices to ensure optimal operation of all computer systems. The Associate IT Officer is responsible for assisting implementations of SOP, providing daily technical support to staff of information management tools and technology infrastructure, administering computer systems and supporting in-house software development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists Provision of support in implementing IT strategies and new technologies in accordance with information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures
- Provide support and input tie he development and review of local IT polices and standard operating procedures
- Provide support in annual IT work-plan o Provide support in implementation and use of both in-house software and third-party software
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Support the roll-out of new applications
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Maintain up to am up to date inventory of software licenses tagged to users
- Interface with vendors to obtain right-equipment and software in a proper manner and controls.
- Ensure IT security procedures are enforced
- Assists in provision of sufficient network and server administration
- Monitor network connection on a daily basis to ensure stable and responsive network environment.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password and group policy issues
- Assists in Provision of help-desk support
- Talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Prioritize and manage many open tickets at one time
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with staff and other professionals, such as vendors and software developers
- Respond to user needs and questions regarding network access
- Setup and configure network printers and other software and hardware systems
- Assists in Facilitating knowledge building and knowledge sharing to district offices
- Identify required technical areas at the district level and facilitate training
- Synthesize lessons learned and best practices of computer and Intranet use
- Provide direction in problem solving situations and participate in direct interaction with internal staff as required.
- Assists Provision of hardware and software maintenance
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment
- Ensure smooth backup and restoration procedures for server drives and user data
- Supports Provision of in-house application development support
- Provide support in web based application development
- Provide support in SQL database maintenance and administration
- Attention to detail with the ability to think logically and high level of problem solving skills
- A good memory of how software and operating systems work
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- The ability to work well in a team and prioritize workload
Qualifications and Other Attributes
- Must possess first Degree in ICT, Computer Science, Business Information Technology or equivalent
- At least three years’ work experience is required
- Certificates in Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Cisco CCNA, and A is an added advantage
- Must be of high integrity and without any criminal record.
- Must be energetic and ready to work odd and long hours.
- Fluency in English and Chichewa
Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant knowledge in hardware and software management and domain environment is required
- Good knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and virus protection systems
- Web, database and programming skills is an extra plus
- Ability to provide input and advice on business operations and processes of system implementations.
NB. There will be both oral and practical interviews to demonstrate some of the above skills/ abilities
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply. Interested qualified candidates should send their expressions of interest enclosing copies of their certificates and a detailed current Curriculum Vitae including names and contacts of at least three traceable referees, and indicating their availability to take up the position to:
The Human Resources Manager, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, 1st Floor, NEDBANK House, City Centre, P.O. Box 2543, Lilongwe
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date 15th June, 2018