Rays of Hope Ministries
Rays of hope Ministries seeks to employ qualified people for Save the Children Sponsorship Programs in Zomba in the following specific components: Basic Education (BE) and School Health and Nutrition (SHN). The goal of the former is to improve learning outcomes among learners and that of the latter is to improve children’s health for improved learning. All the qualified candidates should clearly show the ability to abide by and share Rays of Hope Ministries’ values as highlighted below.
- Strive to strictly observe administration and programmatic demands, policies, and defined conduct of character at workplace.
- Ability to professionally interact with key project partners in carrying out assigned responsibilities. Integrity
- Always committed to carry out assigned responsibilities with high performance and honesty.
- A focal person in ensuring that team members practice honesty in their duties.
- Regardless of status, race, level of education and gender, treat every person with care and respect in carrying out your duties.
- Ensure the lives of those around you especially children are safe, cared for and respected.
- Be concerned, proactive and a change agent on issues that impinge on the quality provision of education to learners.
- Be a role model and mentor for learners who seek after education as their path for self-development.
The Administrative Assistant will be reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager; based in Zomba, with constant tasks involving the Blantyre Office. The incumbent will provide micro-support to the Zomba Team so that programs in Zomba (BE and SHN) will run smoothly. At minimum, the incumbent will assist in daily office needs, and lead in managing Zomba Office’s general administrative activities.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- To provide general support to anyone visiting the organization.
- To be sent on errands, ie: in distribution and collection of letters, correspondence memos, and forms, and where appropriate, emailing and answering calls.
- To do data entry as advised by the departmental team leaders (BE & SHN).
- To provide sanitation services (cleaning the offices and the motorcycles).
- To ensure that motorcycles are parked in the right place and are well secured.
- To assist in carrying out banking services and liquidations processes when required.
- To print and photocopy the organization’s documents and files.
- To conduct filing activities of documents and files.
- To be involved in field visits where need arises.
- To record and keep records of inventory.
- Certificate in Business Administration with extensive experience in office management.
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant, or office admin assistant.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and computers.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word and MS Excel).
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbs, communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Through email, suitably qualified and experienced candidates should send their applications, comprising a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Please, address: The Executive Director, Rays of Hope Ministries, P.O. Box E365, Post Dot Net, Blantyre, Malawi.
Closing date for receiving applications is 7th January 2019.
The post is on 1-year contract renewable upon excellent performance and funds’ availability. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.