PROPEL Health Malawi – Administrative and Contracts Manager
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative & Programmatic Functions:
- Supervise and monitor any in-country operations, and procurement team activities by ensuring that Palladium procurement policies and USAID rules are followed in carrying out contractual transactions.
- Escalate any performance issues to Country Director, Regional Manager (RM), and Project Delivery Manager in Washington DC.
- Maintain personnel file with necessary documents and information; keep track of employment agreements and renewals; maintain leave records.
- Provide operational support in-country, liaising closely with HQ office
- Keep track contact list of partners and government institutions for project activities.
- Prepare bi-weekly update and submit to Country Director.
- Update project activity list and the monitoring of the progress of project activities.
- Coordinate with technical team to ensure operations support during travel, workshops, training and other events.
- Prepare activities budget for workshops, training, meetings, and field visits etc.in consultation with technical team.
- Monitor and manage business travel for staff including review and processing of travel authorization, travel advance requests, travel expense reports, logistics arrangement for transportation, lodging, etc. Ensure travellers follow applicable policies, SOPs, and guidelines of the company and donor. Keep track of travels and advances and follow up for timely submission of travel expense reports and advance reconciliations.
- Prepare and submit purchase requisition, purchase order for meeting, events, workshop, training, suppliers as necessary.
- Any other administrative duties as assigned.
- Responsible for receiving, documenting, and managing all stock and commodities of the project, including forecasting and requisitions to always guarantee optimal stock levels
- Draft contractual documents as necessary.
- Ensure that contractual documents are reviewed and approved by appropriate staff in country and HQ.
- Ensure maintenance of the office filing system and maintain project-related files, documents, and datasets.
- Oversee all office administrative function of the office to ensure smooth office operations including IT, security, office cleaning and hired vehicles
- Assist in establishment and maintenance of health insurance for project staff and insurance for project equipment.
- Office lease and inventory management
- Any other operations duties as assigned.
- Negotiate, administer, and assure compliance with agreements to include but not limited to: Contracts, Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs), Consultant Agreements, and Task Orders. Support generally covers the full agreement life cycle, from program award through close-out
- Ensure that the US Government, corporate and project procurement procedures are adhered to, and colleagues are familiar with the process
- Conduct due diligence review of selected consultants and collaborate with the technical staff to monitor the consultants’ technical performance and achievement of deliverables as per Consultancy Agreement before processing of payment
- Ensure that before any purchase takes place relevant authorization has been obtained
- Maintain systems for tracking contractual documents, correspondence, and reporting, applying records management policy
- Initiate through effective correspondence requests for contract modifications and approvals such as: scope adjustments, personnel changes, budget realignments, performance period changes, implementing partner changes, consultant approval, etc.
- Coordinate and consolidate responses to contractual requests from clients
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR), AIDAR, and other government regulations; update/train project team with changes or modifications accordingly
- Contract budget modification development including the application of appropriate cost structures
- Screen all selected vendors and consultants through WorldCheck, Sam.Gov, OFAC, and UN Sanctioned List
- Any other procurement duties as assigned
Human Resource Management (HRM):
- Coordinate regularly with Malawi office and HQ team to ensure Malawi office HRM follows local labor laws, company policies and donor requirements.
Implement applicable company policies and procedures to recruit Malawi staff.
- Monitor and manage staff employment contracts and extensions in consultations with the project team in Malawi and HQ
- Keep track of contract expiry dates and process renewal on timely fashion in consultation with Country Director and HQ team
- Ensure personnel files for all staff are created, maintained, and archived. The file includes complete record of all relevant information including recruitment documents, employment agreement, leave records and other performance related information
- Ensure timely submission of Malawi staff timesheets, leave plan, and leave request, and respective supervisor approvals. Keep track and record of accrued leave days, used leave days and timesheets
- As necessary, coordinate with HQ and Malawi to support/renew registration of company and employees to social security/pension funds and tax office and other local authorities
- Supervise and make sure working conditions are in conformity with legal requirements
Assist Country Director and HQ team in qualitative performance appraisal and professional development planning processes
- Maintain records of all performance development activities including participation in workshop, training, seminars, etc. for each staff member in personnel files
- Supervise operations staff and conduct regular periodic evaluation in consultation with the Country Director and HQ, as applicable
- Organize and participate in social events for the project staff and management
Screen all selected candidates through WorldCheck, Sam.Gov, OFAC, and UN Sanctioned List
- Any other human resources duties as assigned
- 5-8 years of work experience in administrative, operations, procurement, and office management with an international organization and USG-funded project experience
- Demonstrated experience in procurement management, including competition, selection, award, and managing agreements
- Strong track record to provide effective and responsive oversight and leadership in program operational areas – administrative, programmatic, procurement, human resources, ICT, security and safeguarding
- Successful experience in delivery of quality management systems and implementation of standard practices and continuous improvements
- Experience in building high performing and resilient teams supported by constructive supervision, performance development and role modelling a culture of service excellence
- Malawian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.