DEADLINE: 21st February, 2020 by 12:00 noon send to [email protected]
REPORTS TO: Finance Manager
PSI Malawi seeks a highly qualified and organized candidate with good numerical and impeccable computer literacy skills for the position of Accountant. The individual will lead the day to day management of PSI Malawi’s highly disciplined finance team in financial reporting.
With support from the Finance Manager, the Accountant will be responsible for these generic duties:
- Leading the monthly financial reporting exercise, ensuring that stock taking, payroll journals, common cost entries, inventory transfers, closing of open LPOs and travel reconciliations are done timely. Also real-time posting for payments, receipts for staff deposits and sales to ensure bank reconciliations commence on the 1st of every month.
- Reviewing Financial Reports; Balance Sheet Schedules including Travel and Salary Advance status, Journal Reports for proper double entries, Bank Reconciliations, Profit and Loss for proper classing to projects, relevant accounting strings and valid active projects, inventory reconciliation reports for proper computations, Receivables and Payables aging.
- Ensuring that Budget holders are provided with Transaction Listings for their reviews and acting upon on relevant queries.
- Ensuring proper filing and thorough scanning and attaching is done by all posting officers.
- Reviewing of Receipt and payment vouchers before they are approved by Senior Leadership Team and posted in Quick Books Enterprise ensuring that all expenses are being charged to proper project codes and minimize re-classes.
- Assist immediate manager in preparation and implementation of work plans, budgets and schedules
- Prepare, communicate and implement weekly and daily work schedules for his/her section
- Evaluate and report the periodic performance of subordinates and provide them regular feedback and support to improve their performance
- Ensuring that all cash flow forecasts are supported with program requests and are done on time.
- Assist the finance manager in providing guidance to Project Managers in the preparation of both organizational and project budgets that are compliant with PSI Global policy. Ensuring that Project Managers are able to follow their annual work plans. Facilitating close monitoring of over or under expenditure on the donor budget.
- Preparation of Common cost budget for all indirect costs in compliance with PSI Global policy.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL AUDITS
- To ensure that all audit samples are provided in time as well as ensuring that audit action points are implemented in a timely manner.
- Assisting program teams to understand all internal controls in relation to cash handling.
FINANCE STAFF MANAGEMENT
- Ensure that staff in finance has well outlined job descriptions and that they have adequate tasks to perform all the time. Ensure they are well motivated, coached and mentored in all areas of their profession so that they can perform beyond their capacity.
- A qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ICAM or equivalent) with three (3) years of demonstrated relevant experience in multiple donor funded projects
- Have a deep understanding of difference donor requirements and procedures;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Have understanding of an accounting system and chart of accounts;
- Have an experience in financial management;
- Have good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP);
- Must be an effective team player, good interpersonal skills and results-oriented.
PSI Malawi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or related medical conditions.
PSI maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services, and takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our attention.