Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society.
Each year, we improve the lives of millions of people in the poorest parts of the world. Sightsavers offers a great working environment.
Title : Institutional Funding Senior Advisor
Location : This role is open to qualified individuals who have the right to work in Sightsavers programmatic countries in Africa, Pakistan or Bangladesh.
Contract : 2 year Fixed Term Contract (with the aim of renewing)
Salary : will be benchmarked dependent on location of role, local terms and conditions apply
Sightsavers is recruiting for an experienced and successful Institutional Fundraiser with a proven background of securing and managing multiple large-scale funding from a range of institutional donors.
Purpose of role
As Institutional Funding Senior Advisor, you will be responsible for securing, maintaining and developing institutional donor relationships. You will lead on contract management and maintain key institutional donor relationships for some of Sightsavers’ largest funding agreements and engage with senior internal stakeholders at head office, consortium working groups and country offices to support project implementation.
The role involves extensive international travel and would suit an individual with proven experience of securing and managing multiple large-scale funding from a range of institutional donors including governments and major foundations, for an international development organisation.
Knowledge, skills and experience for Programme Officer Social Inclusion
- Educated to degree level or equivalent working experience
- Demonstrable experience of working in government or statutory funding for an international development organisation
- Demonstrable experience of securing multiple, large-scale funding from a range of institutional donors (governments and/or major foundations) e.g. FCDO, USAID, EC, Gates
- Ability to demonstrate up-to-date knowledge and understanding of donor policy direction and regulations
- Experience of managing contracts with large-scale institutional donors
- Experience of leading on donor engagement activities such as donor engagement strategy development and meetings
- Exceptional internal and external stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Research, reporting writing and proposal development skills
- Fluency in English
- An understanding of and commitment to the realisation of the rights of people with disabilities
- Willingness and ability to travel for up to 8 weeks per year travel for proposal developments, donor visits, support programme staff in the development of relationships at a country office / regional level. (Covid-19 restrictions allowing).
• French language skills
• Line Management experience
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please visit https://jobs.sightsavers.org/ for full details and to apply.
Closing date: Sunday, 21st February, 2021
As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.