Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will provide comprehensive and timely information, clerical, and administrative assistance to meet specific HR service needs that support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable under the Malawi Green Corps project. You will deliver quality support in your role, applying clearly defined HR processes, procedures and service standards.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and clerical support to HR transactions and processes. Prepare, type, photocopy and scan employment-related documentation, such as employment contracts, termination letters, salary technical adjustments letters, materials for staff learning and development events, etc.
- Provide responsive and high quality service to employees with requests on personnel administration and clerical issues.
- Provide support to recruitment process: collecting CVs, greeting candidates, setting up tests and interviews, bridger check, etc.
- Compile documentation and data, perform data entry and data verification on personnel administration transactions (e.g. leave balances, staff attendance, etc.).
- Support maintenance of personnel files, compiling and updating employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Contribute to coordinating logistical arrangements for staff events, such as staff retreats, staff learning and development events (workshops, trainings), orientations, welcome/farewell parties.
Required Languages – English
Travel – 10%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Strong customer service ethic and abilities
- Self-motivated to perform routine tasks independently and meet deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages, in particular Excel and Word. Hands-on experience with data entry into online databases and forms.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Team Lead MGC,Project Manager , Human Resources Officer, Human Resources Manager
External : Immigration, MRA, MASM,
- High School Diploma required. Professional diploma/certificate or courses in Administration or Human Resources Management a plus.
- Minimum of two years work experience in an administrative and/or human resources assistant role with some familiarity of human resources practices. Experience with an international organization a plus.