Recruited by CareersMW
We have been requested by our client to recruit a qualified and experienced individual for the position of Management Trainee Accounting tenable in Mangochi.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses and recommends effective business processes and financial systems.
- Sets up financial systems and their performance monitoring mechanisms.
- Creation of cost centres and profit centres code
- Reinforces internal controls and compliance with procedures.
BUDGETING AND BUDGET CONTROLS
- Co-ordinates budget processes to incorporate input from departmental heads.
- Provides guidance to budget holders in determining budget forecast for the year.
- Reviews and updates expenditure control systems from time to time.
- Analyses revenue performance and advises management on alternative areas of focus.
- Follows up on findings of variance analysis investigations to determine next courses of action.
- Co-ordinates budget reviews
CAPITAL EXPENDITURE AND MANAGEMENT OF PROJECTS
- Conducts investment appraisal for new projects.
- Monitors and evaluates implementation of projects on actual costs incurred against estimated costs and explain project deviations.
- Evaluates capital sanctions for acquisitions of non-current assets.
- Evaluates disbursement claims and payments to contractors according to contractual terms.
- Approves capitalisation of capital work in progress.
PRODUCTION OF MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTS
- Prepares final trial balance
- Settlements of production orders
- Reconciles financial module with the controlling module.
- Prepares management accounts.
- Approves journal adjustments.
- Approves quarter-end stock take programme and staff allocation.
- Plans and prepares audit programme with external auditors
- Co-ordinates external audit activities
- Reviews audit schedules
- Approves any adjustments arising from audit
- Follows up on all substantive relevant issues raised by internal and external auditors
- Prepares financial statements and Consolidation pack
- Reviews and approves various financial reports
Education and Qualifications
- First Degree in Finance, or Accounting, or Economics
- Good computer knowledge – particularly Microsoft Office.
- Good communication and report writing Skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability
Applications have to be submitted through email@example.com. Applications close on 26th February 2021.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from women are encouraged
All applicants are sincerely thanked for their interest. However, only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and contacted for assessment. Applicants should apply based on the information provided and CareersMW will not entertain canvassing or enquiries beyond the information contained in this advert.