Overall Purpose of the Job
The role of the Driver is to transport passengers and goods to its required destination in a safe manner. And also to ensure that all vehicles are in road worth condition by undertaking routine checks. The Driver works in close collaboration with the Project Manager, Expert Client Coordinators, Administrator as well as other m2m staff.
Description of Tasks / Key Performance Areas
• Inspect vehicles for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips and submit a written report on the condition of the vehicle at the end of each trip of duty following m2m daily checklist
• Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and tidy.
• Fills out a vehicle Daily Log Book.
• Record the number of kilometers covered, fuel consumption, repairs and service done.
• Ensures that passengers are driven to and from their destination in a safe manner.
• Complies fully with m2m procedures on the reporting of accidents involving m2m vehicles.
• Ensures that loads and cargo are secure and transported safely.
• Ensures that the vehicle is parked safely at all times, especially on overnight assignments.
• Ensures any discrepancies re fuel and log book recording are reported immediately.
• Carries out any other relevant duties as assigned by the Project Manger, Accounts and Administrator.
(Minimum education, qualifications, legal requirements, knowledge, languages, previous work experience, skills, on the job training and competencies required to perform the job)
Qualifications and Experience:
• Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) or its equivalent
• Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Good Communication skills , sober habits and willing to work odd hours
• Excellent driving track records
• Valid Driving License
• Basic car maintenance
• Commitment and Reliability
• Fluency in English and Chichewa
• Ability to take direction and learn on the job