Local Christian Organisation
A local Christian organisation registered under the Trustees Incorporation Act works through locally established structures and churches in empowering local communities in addressing developmental challenges. Its work covers Agriculture, Health, Environment, Natural Resources Management, Economic Empowerment, and Humanitarian Response.
The organisation now seeks to recruit for the position of Finance and Administration Manager
The primary responsibility of this position will be accounting/financial management and office administration. The Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for overseeing the administrative and financial management, accountability requirements and human resources management of the office. This position must assure the contractual integrity of all agreements entered into by the office, managing the procurement process and looking out for the interests of the organization. The Manager will provide technical assistance to staff in implementing and complying with financial and administrative procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and serve as the financial liaison to the organization, donor partners and other institutions.
Job Responsibilities/Specific Duties
- Ensures compliance and consistency with the organization’s policies and procedures, as well as compliance with the terms and conditions of the agreements with donor institutions.
- Records and accounts for daily transactions, ensuring accuracy and completeness of required files and supporting documentation serving as evidence of transactions.
- Processes payroll, remits tax and other government contributions and reports to local agencies.
- Responsible for full accounts payable function from procurement through payment of invoices.
- Ensures timely payment to all organization’s payees and maintains sufficient and complete payee files.
- Prepares monthly financial reports for the organization and internal management reports containing budget versus actual expenditure information.
- Prepares and submits reports and filings in compliance with laws.
- Provide assistance to program staff in office and project budget preparation.
2. Office Operations/Administration
- Responsible for all matters related to the operations and administration of the office.
- Ensures registration requirements are kept current at all times and files statutory returns and renewals.
- Manages office lease to make sure it is current and amendments are processed as required.
- Oversees administration of human resources
Daily oversight will be provided by Executive Director
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Sage accounting package.
Please submit your cover letter and CV via email to [email protected] by January 26, 2021.