A medical research organization
A medical research organization with an expanding portfolio of research projects is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, highly motivated and hardworking candidates to fill the following vacant positions at its research site in Zomba:
Clinical Trial Coordinator
A medical research organization seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and highly motivated clinical trial coordinator based in Zomba Central Hospital. She/he will coordinate research projects in the Zomba district. The appointment is on a fixed-term basis for two years, which may be renewed depending on performance and availability of funds.
Job Summary: To manage the day-to-day activities of the research site or study, including providing patient care, ordering and managing stocks, supervising site/study staff, and maintaining site/study records according to the procedures and principles of Good Clinical Practice and Human Subjects Protection.
Duties and responsibilities
Duties shall include but not limited to, the following:
1. Providing oversight of all trial activities on behalf of the team leader and Principal Investigator (PI)
2. Responsible for day-to-day management and supervision of research site, study, and staff
3. Provision of client/participant care as per protocols
4. Updating and maintaining quality control of trial records as per protocol
5. Conducting staff training and meetings
6. Provision of reports and up-to-date records of all trial records and documents
7. Responsible for ordering, monitoring, and maintaining stocks of consumables and equipment at the research site
8. Maintaining an amicable working relationship and transparent communications with focal points in the MoH host facilities
9. Prepare regular progress reports of the site to the team leaders, PI, and Chief Operations Officer.
10. To be aware at all times of responsibilities of the post (as recorded in this document)
11. To carry out any other delegated administrative or managerial duties that may be assigned by the PI, team leaders, and COO from time to time
1. Minimum must be a Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Diploma in Nursing with at least two years of clinical research experience.
2. Newly qualified doctors with a particular interest in developing a career in clinical research are encouraged to apply.
3. Valid and up-to-date registration with the Medical Council of Malawi or with the Nurses Council of Malawi.
All interested applicants with the required qualifications and experience should submit a cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three traceable referees to [email protected] or complete their details by following the link below: https://forms.gle/4qJaqTwSrREMJnzi9
The closing date is 25th January 2021.