A medical research organization
A medical research organization with an expanding portfolio of research projects is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, highly motivated and hardworking candidates to fill the following vacant positions at its research site in Zomba:
A medical research organization seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and highly motivated data technician based in Zomba Central Hospital. She/he will be responsible to transfer research data from printed / written documents to electronic database format, and perform checks on the quality of the data provided and entered into databases. The appointment is on a fixed-term basis for two years, which may be renewed depending on performance and availability of funds.
Job Summary: The data technician is involved with the acquisition and maintenance of large amounts of clinical data and specimens. The work engages multiple skills and a wide-range of project knowledge. These multiple functions require a significant degree of flexibility to complete complex tasks.
This position is ideal for a highly motivated individual having an opportunity to work with a highly productive and dynamic team of MD’s, PhD’s, and research scientists. The candidate will gain considerable knowledge of clinical research data management and may have the opportunity to attend seminars and engage in other learning opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities
Duties shall include but not limited to, the following:
1. To enter data into research databases
2. To run procedures for identification of data entry discrepancies (differences) and check listed discrepancies against source data documents for research studies.
3. To maintain Case Record Forms, other research data documents and Project Data Management files in an orderly manner.
4. Data Verification and Validation in liaison with the Data assistant and data manager
5. To raise queries on missing, illegible or inconsistent data recorded on eCRF (Case Record Forms) or paper and other research data documents.
6. To liaise with the data assistant and the data manager, or his/her appointee in addressing queries raised in 3 and 6 above.
7. To know and follow Standard Operating Procedures adopted by the Data Team.
1. Diploma in Information Systems, Information Technology or its equivalent.
2. More than 2 years working experience in related field.
3. Demonstrated experience in data management and managing databases
4. Be able to work under pressure and be able to multi-task and work within a team
5. Good written and verbal communication skills in English
6. Familiar with data management fundamentals.
7. Strong analytical, presentation, communication and problem-solving skills.
8. Capable of managing numerous simultaneous projects.
All interested applicants with the required qualifications and experience should submit a cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three traceable referees to [email protected] or complete their details by following the link below: https://forms.gle/4qJaqTwSrREMJnzi9
The closing date is 25th January 2021.