A reputable organisation
A reputable organisation is looking to recruit a skilled and qualified Heavy Equipment Operator. The Heavy Equipment Operator’s responsibilities will include preparing and manipulating heavy equipment to ensure the appropriate movement, loading and unloading of containers in liaison with the Container Depot Team for accuracy and will be required to carry duties in a safe and diligent manner.
The job is tenable in Kanengo, Lilongwe.
• Operate Heavy Plant Machinery in compliance with the Company’s safety policies and procedures.
• Provide recommendations for maintaining and improving performance.
• Load and unload containers onto and from trailers.
• Ensure Company equipment and the work site are maintained in a clean and stored in a safe manner.
• Complete required paperwork, reporting, and other documentation.
• Operate Heavy Plant Machinery to ensure the accurate removal and placement of containers.
• Loading and offloading containers and other materials using Heavy Plant Machinery.
• Report any injuries and other accidents to the line Manager or Supervisor.
• Advising the line Manager of necessary upgrades, repairs, and replacements; suggestions to refine workflow and boost efficiency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• 3 years experience operating a variety of Heavy Plant Machinery.
• Ability to effective and efficiently operate Heavy Plant Machinery.
• A good understanding of relevant safety procedures.
• Capacity to provide and follow direction.
• Sharp decision-making skills, particularly when under pressure.
• Ability to work extended hours, as required.
Applications to be sent to HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, P. O. BOX 40138, LILONGWE 4.
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: 31ST JANUARY 2021