SUCOMA SACCO would like to recruit a Cashier who should manage cash and serve members.
1. Making authorised cash payments, receiving cash and issuing receipts for members
2. Cash withdrawals and cheque deposits from and to the bank respectively
3. Preparing and maintaining a Daily cash summary and reporting any irreconcilable differences immediately
4. Balancing of daily transactions before knocking off
5. Capturing of all Cash and Payment vouchers in the primary books of accounts
6. Entering transactions into the individual member accounts in the computer system
7. Updating member Ledger cards and Passbooks.
8. Serve members at the various serving locations of the SACCO
9. Preparing Member Ledger balances quarterly as assigned by the Manager
10. Preparing payrolls breakdowns as assigned by the Manager
11. Ensuring the safety of CASH and all other documents under his/her control
12. Filing of member ledger cards and all other information
13. Perform any such duties as may be assigned by the Managers from time to time.
Qualifications and experience
In order to deliver the above, the Cashier must possess the following skills and attributes;
• A minimum of diploma in Banking, Accounting or Finance with at least 2 years practical experience
• Proficiency in working with computers and related banking and accounting packages
• Should possess good communication and written skills. Knowledge of SACCO accounting system will be an added advantage.
• Ability to meet strict dead lines
Send your applications to
The Finance and Administrations Manager,
P.O. Box 43,
Applications to arrive not later than 16th January, 2021.
SUCOMA SACCO is an equal opportunity employer.