Farm Radio Trust
Farm Radio Trust (FRT) is a leading non- governmental organization dedicated exclusively to serving smallholder communities through the provision of ICT based information, communication, extension and advisory services in Malawi with a growing reputation and involvement in program and policy development processes across sub-Saharan Africa. Our vision is a ‘world that has sustainable livelihoods of farming communities’. FRT was registered under the Trustees Incorporation Act in 2009; registered as a local non-governmental organization under Council for Non-Governmental Organizations in Malawi (CONGOMA) in 2010 and with NGO Board since 2013.
Finance and Administration Department-(Supporting various projects)
Support timely delivery of quality administrative and logistical support for the achievement of the FRT strategic goals.
Key Areas of responsibility and key deliverables
Accounting and Finance
- Preparation of Payment Vouchers
- Cheque Preparation
- Posting of transactions in the accounting system
- Tracking advance liquidations
- Filing of payment vouchers and liquidations
- Provide Financial Support to programme staff
- Prepare financial reports for projects
- Facilitate projects audits and institutional audits
- Develop and Implement a Filling System for Finance and Administration documents
- Maintain files for contracts with service providers and ensure that we comply with our obligations to the contracts. e.g. Rent, Insurance, Subscriptions, Retainership with Lawyers, Airtel etc.
- Quarterly and ad hoc assessment of furniture and fittings in the office, record any damages and arrange for repairs.
- Manage utilities and ensuring that bills are paid on time.
- Prepare a monthly vehicle allocation plan for all field trips to ensure most efficient use of resources.
- Participate in preparation of procurement plan
- Lead in carrying out Local Shopping and Direct Purchasing
- Participate in National Competitive Bidding
- Ensure that proper procurement records are maintained for all procurements
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least a diploma in Accounting from a reputable institution.
- Two years working experience in a computerizes accounting environment.
- Working knowledge of ERPs especially SAGE Evolution.
- A valid driving license will be an added advantage
Applications with a copy of Curriculum Vitae and at least three referees should be submitted not later than 18th January 2021 to
The Chief Executive Officer
Farm Radio Trust
PO Box 30081
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.