Daeyang University a Christian University registered and accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) and founded by the Miracle for Africa Foundation is located at Kanengo, Lilongwe behind Malawi Institute of Management (MIM). The University is currently offering two programmes: BSc in Nursing and Midwifery and BSc in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and both programmes are accredited by NCHE.
The University is now inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for vacant position of Female Warden. Appointment to the position will be made at a level commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications, experience and maturity.
At least a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Those who once worked on the same position in an institution of Higher Education will have an added advantage.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The core elements of the job will be as follows:
- First point of contact for students who need help regarding their stay in the halls of residence and any accommodation provided by the college;
- Taking interest and responsibility for spiritual care of students;
- Assisting on domestic relations between and among students;
- Mediating in students disputes about noise and other unacceptable behaviour in the halls of residence, thereby ensuring that good order and behavior are maintained;
- Facilitating any room moves within or between halls of Residence;
- Establishing and maintaining social contact with students;
- Providing relevant information advice and support to students;
- Counselling students on students’ regulations/guidelines;
- Responding to on-site emergencies out of hours;
- Liaising with Dean of Students over students’ issues, concerns and welfare in the halls;
- Maintaining accurate records and writing reports to help identify trends that may require attention;
- Attending meetings arranged by Dean of Students to discuss students’ matters;
- Such other duties of a similar nature as may be assigned by the Dean of Students/Vice Chancellor from time to time.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should submit their applications together with an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) which should include the names, telephone and e-mail contact details of at least three traceable referees, and attach copies of academic and professional qualifications, addressed as follows:
P.O. Box 30330
Or through e-mail: [email protected]
To be received not later than Friday, 15th January, 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.