Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of RCO and direct supervision of the Development Coordination Officer (Data Management, Monitoring & Reporting), the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Undertakes empirical analysis, data mining and visualization to assist the RC and UNCT relating to the COVID impact
- Monitor, analyze and synthesize developments with regards to the COVID socio economic impact which will contribute to the Socio Economical Recovery Framework (SERF).
- Research, collect, analyze and edit documents and data related to evidence of impact of actions from the UN in line with SDG
- Support the preparations of effective presentations, and factsheets to convey messages using charts, maps, infographics and tables;
- Support the RCO in developing and managing the IM tools including dashboards, mailing system, repositories, calendar of meetings and financial tracking tool;
- Provide support in administration of the UN INFO platform for planning, monitoring and reporting
- Provide technical support to the inter-agency result groups during planning and reporting on the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework
- Support in developing data collection tools
- Support in capacity building of staff on use of information management tools and products
- Actively participate in meetings for the IM-Data Group and Monitoring, Evaluation and Advisory Group
- Perform any other related duties as requested by the Head of RCO and UNCT.
- Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science; Social Science or related field; multidisciplinary educational background is an asset
- Experience working with data visualization tools (i.e. Microsoft Power BI or Tableau) a plus;
- Experience working with GIS software’s (i.e. ArcGIS) a plus
- Ability to analyse results information by triangulating quantitative and qualitative data and evidence;
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Experience in data compilation, analysis and visualization
- Demonstrated interested and experience in UN coordination;
- Knowledge of Delivering as One and UN reform;
- Understanding of the social, economic, institutional, and political environment in the southern African region is an advantage;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences; and
- Willingness to take initiative and work independently under pressure to meet deadlines.
Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
Application deadline: 03-12-2020