Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC)
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is seeking an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Lead for an upcoming program in Malawi. The program will focus on implementation of comprehensive, evidence-based and tailored HIV and TB prevention, care, support and treatment interventions in established facilities in various provinces in Malawi.
This is a full-time position supporting an anticipated five-year project. The position is contingent upon award.
The MEL Lead will be responsible for the design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting systems that document and enable timely use of results, as well as strengthen and use relevant national and district reporting systems. S/he will be expected to develop a strong monitoring and evaluation plan consistent with the donor’s results framework, including appropriate indicators, baseline assessment/ data, targets and a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely, accurate and complete reporting.
- Develop a robust M&E approach that can track the immediate and intermediate effects of program activities, including changes in knowledge, attitudes, responsiveness, data use and demand for technical assistance.
- Design and implement an M&E system capable of timely tracking of performance to enable timely use of data to adjust implementation for optimal performance
- Provide regular reports on the status of implementation against the project goals and objectives to project leaders, CDC and others as required.
- Conduct training and workshops related to M&E.
- Collaborate with the project team in identifying project activities, processes and outcomes for documentation and sharing lessons learned and best practices
- Collaborate with the MoH M&E department, Health informatics and Data warehouse to create platform for dialogue, data sharing, and addressing key M&E issues within the Ministry.
- Work with PI and PD to establish networks for collaboration between CDC, other stakeholders and donors, academia, research institutes, and other CDC funded programs in country
- Build the capacity of the supported facilities, district health team and project staff in collecting, utilizing, and disseminate data as well as ensuring harmonization of all data.
- Masters of Science in Epidemiology and/or Statistics
- 10 years of experience in MEL for international health programs
- Experience with PEPFAR-funded programs, CDC-funded
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, evaluation and implementation research, health information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis, and presentation.
- Must have prior experience in capacity building, such as developing content, planning, and facilitating trainings and providing technical assistance.
- Preferred familiarity with adult learning principles/techniques and demonstrated ability to design and facilitate learning opportunities for adults.
- Proficient in use of data management and analysis tools and advanced skills in MS Excel or statistical packages such SAS, SPSS or R
- Strong understanding of Malawi health information systems, and issues related to data (e.g. data security; tracking through the cascade etc.)
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an international non-profit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore that supports CIHEB to strengthen health systems and reduce the spread and impact of HIV/AIDS. Currently, MGIC has offices in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia.
Our Core Values are at the heart of our mission to improve the human condition through teaching, research and service.