Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC)
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is seeking an experienced Project Director to lead an upcoming program in Malawi. The program will provide technical assistance/mentorship and direct implementation of comprehensive, evidence-based and tailored HIV and TB prevention, care, support and treatment interventions in established facilities in various provinces in Malawi.
The Project Director provides technical leadership to the program by directing technical strategy, ensuring the implementation of technical best practices in alignment with donor and country policies and procedures and provides guidance to ensure fidelity/quality and effectiveness of program, including, but not limited to the development of a conceptual framework; leadership, coordination and management of technical assistance approaches and evaluation of project effectiveness and performance and quality improvement processes.
- Plan and execute the overall project and its stated activities as per the mission and the goals of the organization and CDC’s rules and regulations.
- Ensure appropriate program resources outlay and work with program implementation teams to re-allocate program resources as needed.
- Design and lead project initiatives to increase utilization and delivery of high quality, high impact technical assistance.
- Design and lead project initiatives to scale up technical priorities identified by CDC.
- Use data driven approaches to strategize and focus interventions, and ensure that project performs according to the donor’s agreement.
- Supervise, support and coach staff in all aspects related to HIV prevention, care and treatment
- Routinely inform PI, MoH and other key stakeholders of program successes, outcomes, lessons learned, and challenges
- Participate in and provide technical assistance to Care and Treatment related Technical Working Groups (TWG), task teams, workshops, and campaigns
- Support efforts to ensure that gender and stigma reduction programming are effectively incorporated across interventions and are linked with testing, care, treatment, and support activities
- Coordinate and collaborate with the various HTS, prevention and care and treatment programs and partners in order to implement and scale-up comprehensive HIV programs. (This will involve coordination across clinical and community-based mobilization, service delivery, demand creation, and commodity procurement aspects of implementation).
- Supervises Program Manager and Technical Team
- MS in epidemiology or microbiology or MPH, with clinical degree (MD, nursing) or PhD in Epidemiology or microbiology preferred.
- At least 10 years’ experience in implementing HIV programs, with at least 5 years in a senior level position.
- Over 5 years’ experience designing and managing complex HIV/AIDS prevention programs. Experience of working under PEPFAR funded programs, and USG donor’s regulations.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an international non-profit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore that supports CIHEB to strengthen health systems and reduce the spread and impact of HIV/AIDS. Currently, MGIC has offices in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia.
Our Core Values are at the heart of our mission to improve the human condition through teaching, research and service.