Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC)
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is seeking an experienced Finance and Administration Manager for an upcoming program in Malawi. The program will provide technical assistance/mentorship and direct implementation of comprehensive, evidence-based and tailored HIV and TB prevention, care, support, and treatment interventions in established facilities in various provinces in Malawi.
This is a full-time position supporting an anticipated five-year project. The position is contingent upon award.
The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for financial strategy and planning while maintaining oversight of fiscal and budgetary operations and reporting. S/he also has oversight of grants compliance, resource management policies and procedures.
- Develop the annual budget in close collaboration with senior management team as part of the annual work plan and program results framework development process.
- Collaborate closely with the senior management and financial teams to ensure that the project is managed within the agreed budget and in strict adherence to all financial and administrative guidelines.
- Review cash flow projections for anticipated expenditure in the country to ensure funds are available when needed for uninterrupted program implementation.
- Carry out timely expenditure analysis and work with the PI and PD to re-program funds where necessary to effect programming priorities and advise accordingly
- Oversee sub-grant management
- Manage the operations account in line with the financial accounting regulations
- Reviews and ensures timely submission of detailed quarterly and annual reports on financial performance for all stakeholders
- Provide management support to project leaders to ensure effective and compliant resource management.
- Provide guidance and operational support to district/provincial/zonal teams in resource management.
- Ensure grant expenditures adhere to all cost principle guidelines as contained in 2 CFR 200, 45 CFR 74; Federal Acquisition Regulations: 22 CFR 226 and 22 CFR 228.
- MS/MA/MBA in accounting, budgeting or related field with
- At least 10 years of experience in managing the finances and administration of donor-funded programs, preferably CDC / USAID-funded program
- Deep knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Experience and familiarity with accounting programs is highly desired.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing operations and support departments including Human Resources and Logistics and procurement.
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an international non-profit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore that supports CIHEB to strengthen health systems and reduce the spread and impact of HIV/AIDS. Currently, MGIC has offices in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia.
Our Core Values are at the heart of our mission to improve the human condition through teaching, research and service.