R4H formerly known as Riders for Health (RFH) is a humanitarian non-governmental organisation working to assist the Ministry of Health and Population in establishing a well-coordinated, reliable national Sample Transport mechanism. R4H’s vision “To be the number one Health Logistics provider in Malawi ensuring healthcare reaches everyone everywhere’.
R4H wishes to recruit suitable qualified, experienced and dedicated individuals to fill the position of Sample Transport Coordinator and Driver. The qualified persons must be able to show potential to manage sample transport processes and work effectively with a diverse group of people.
Position: Driver (1 Position)
Duty Station: Mzuzu
Reports to: Sample Transport Coordinator (North)
Purpose of the Position:
To provide driving services to R4H staff in order to enhance the organisation’s transport services
Roles specification /Key responsibilities
- Utilize vehicles for R4H activities and general office related matters as assigned
- Drive responsibly, following road traffic regulations and respecting established speed limits and any _
other internal regulations for the use of vehicles
- Maintain daily logbooks which include kilometers driven each trip, party driven or task assignment, authorising person and any damage to the vehicles.
- Report any accidents or incident within 24hours to immediate supervisor and Operations Officer
- Driving R4H staff and visitors
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance of vehicles by carrying out general maintenance including cleaning, tyre pleasure, brake fluid, radiator, oil check, fuel supply and spare tyre
- Provide vehicle performance reports and fuel analysis
Qualifications and requirements
- Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) with passes in Mathematics and English.
- Valid E/EB Class clean driver’s licence
- Professional Driving Permit
- Valid Defensive Driving certification
- 6 years driving experience from well renowned non-Governmental organisations with references
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills in English and Chichewa (oral and written)
- Good working relationship with teams
- Basic First aid practitioner qualification is highly desirable
If you feel you are suitable and qualified for the position, please send your applications including cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and Academic Certificates as one document to the following email address:
[email protected] or by post of hand deliver to the following address:
The Human Resources and Administration Officer
P.O. Box 30621
Not later than 24th November 2020