Children of the Nations
Children of the Nations is a duly registered NGO in Malawi with a mission to raise children who transform Nations. It partners with nationals to provide Christ-centered care for orphaned and destitute
children, enabling them to create a positive and lasting change in their nations.
In order to fulfil its vision effectively and excellently, opportunities have arisen to engage qualified person of Malawian origin to fill posts tenable at as head office in Lilongwe. COTN therefore, invites
applications from suitable candidates to fill the positions on a two year contracts renewable upon successful performance appraisals and availability of funds.
Primary Teacher (Based at Big Johns Primary School in Ngwai/Njewa)
To partner with COTN Malawi Education Coordinator and Primary Head Teacher to provide quality teaching and leaming services to learners in COTN Primary School and implement COTN national education standards
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and preparing appropriate lesson in accordance with school policy.
- Teaching, assessing, recording and reporting progress of learners to parents and stakeholders according to school policy.
- Providing guidance and advice to learners on education and social matters and keeping record of the same
- Maintaining good order, promoting self-discipline among pupils and taking reasonable care tor their safety and well-being Playing a full role in the wider life of the school, contributing actively to the extra-curricular of the program
- Taking responsibility of maintenance of accurate register of pupils attendance of the school
- Understanding COTN policies and putting into practice everything that is abide
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competences
- Must be a holder of Primary School Teaching Certificate.
- Excellent Communication skills, ability to effectively capture and convey corporate ideas.
- Ability to work in a flexible and cross-cultural environment.
- Knowledge and experience on implementing child protection policy and working with Children from troubled backgrounds
- Mature Christian, a person with high integrity who has the potential to provide spiritual counselling and parental advice when need be.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application letters including their CV’s, a copy of your highest qualification, contact details and three traceable referees of which one must be a previous supervisor to:. [email protected], copy to [email protected] or [email protected] or if by hand to
The Human Resources Officer,
Children of the Nations,
P.O. Box 1206,
Lilongwe, not later than 27th November, 2020, 4:00pm.