Children of the Nations
Children of the Nations is a duly registered NGO in Malawi with a mission to raise children who transform Nations. It partners with nationals to provide Christ-centered care for orphaned and destitute
children, enabling them to create a positive and lasting change in their nations.
In order to fulfil its vision effectively and excellently, opportunities have arisen to engage qualified person of Malawian origin to fill posts tenable at as head office in Lilongwe. COTN therefore, invites
applications from suitable candidates to fill the positions on a two year contracts renewable upon successful performance appraisals and availability of funds.
Post: Nurse (Physical Care Coordinator)
To partner with the COTN-MW Program Coordinators in providing Quality health services by ensuring successful implementation of Children of the Nations holistic care programs such as physical care,
spiritual care, mental care and social care standards of services. Implementing goals and budgets, physical care policies and practices and providing leadership and strategic direction for physical care
department and COTN as a whole.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Model effective health services and strategies with all children, COTN staff and stakeholders.
- Provide effective nursing services in designated communities and at our COTN clinic located in Lilongwe
- Managing the successful implementation of feeding programme in Mtsiliza, Ngwai and Chilombo
- Providing first aid help before referring the patients to the hospitals
- Promoting quality health care to both children and staff within COTN-Malawi
- Provide and enforce hygiene practices to children, students and staff
- Create annual goals and budgets for the physical care department and conduct staff performance appraisals to subordinates/staff
- Monitor nutritional status of children and staff as well as community where COTN works
- To ensure availability of drugs and proper records and care of drugs.
- Create and share monthly and annual reports to the Country Director
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competences
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in nursing with more than 5 years of working as a nurse with proven competency and highly competitive evidence based child care
- Excellent communication skills, able to effectively capture and convey corporate ideas
- Experience and ability to work in a flexible and cross-cultural environment
- Experience on implementing child protection policy and working with Children from troubled backgrounds.
- A Pro-active person who is able to work independently and at the same time a good team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Mature Christian, a person with high integrity who has the potential to provide spiritual counselling and parental advice when need be
- Computer literate (proficiency in MS Word Excel)
- Understanding COTN policies and putting into practice everything that is abide
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application letters including their CV’s, a copy of your highest qualification, contact details and three traceable referees of which one must be a previous supervisor to:. [email protected], copy to [email protected] or [email protected] or if by hand to
The Human Resources Officer,
Children of the Nations,
P.O. Box 1206,
Lilongwe, not later than 27th November, 2020, 4:00pm.