Registered Trustees of Girls’ Secondary Education (Trust)
The Registered Trustees of Girls’ Secondary Education (Trust), which is a newly incorporated non-governmental organisation (NGO), has been established, with support and cooperation between the public and private sectors, including the Government of Malawi through Ministry of Education and UNICEF, to provide financial and related support to eligible girls that are pursuing, or commencing to
pursue, secondary education in Malawi.
The Trust is headquartered in Lilongwe but will carry out its role and functions throughout the country. The primary role of the Trust is to fundraise and award scholarships to eligible girls.
The Trust is in the process of setting up a secretariat at its headquarters. It is for this reason, that the Trust is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
Job position : Support Officer
Responsible to : Finance Officer/Program Officer
Job Purpose: To handle organizational and clerical support tasks.
- Handling incoming calls and other communications.
- Managing filing system.
- Recording information as needed.
- Updating paperwork, maintaining documents and word processing.
- Helping organize and maintain office common areas.
- Performing general office clerk duties and errands.
- Organizing travel by booking accommodations and reservations needs as required.
- Coordinating events as necessary.
- Maintaining office equipment as needed.
- Aiding with client reception as needed.
- Experience as a virtual assistant.
- Creating, maintaining and entering information into databases.
Office Assistant Requirements
• Diploma in Business Management and Diploma in Accounting
• Malawi School Certificate of Education.
Requisite knowledge, abilities and skills
• Experience as an office assistant or in related field.
• Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary
• Warm personality with strong communication skills
• Ability to work well under limited supervision.
• Great communication skills.
• Have a valid driver license.
Mode of Application
Applications including Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant certificates containing contact phone numbers and names of three traceable referees should be addressed to the following Email address: [email protected]
The deadline date of receiving the application is 26th November, 2020 at17:00hrs, any applications later than the date and time will not be attended.
All those who applied previously are encouraged to re-apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.