Secondary Education Expansion for Development (SEED) Contract Management Consultant (CMC) Project
Tetra Tech is contracted by USAID to provide engineering consultancy and construction quality assurance services for the SEED program. We are currently seeking two motivated, detail orientated, and experienced Computer Aided Design (CAD) Operators to join our team in Lilongwe. The successful candidates will join the SEED CMC team and be part of a country wide program to design and deliver new community day secondary schools to Malawi.
Position : CAD Operator, Junior level (must have more than 4 years of relevant experience)
The successful candidates must have previous CAD operator experience on civil engineering and structural infrastructure design projects, understand CAD standards, attention to detail, design package preparation, and organizing and plotting large sets of drawings. Experience in horizontal design drawing preparation such as roads, site work, grading, drainage is a major plus. GIS experience is a major plus.
Terms of Reference
Under the direction of the Design Manager, the CAD operator will develop site plans for new schools that include site layout and drainage features, site grading plans and earthwork calculations, notes and detailed drawings.
Some structural drafting may be required based on the need of the project. Other responsibilities include:
- Learn and comply with Tetra Tech CAD standards, layers, referencing, plot styles, and more
- Organize and maintain all AutoCAD files and reference files
- Complete assigned drafting tasks on time and to acceptable level of detail, perform quality review of work prior to submission to supervisor.
- Complete tasks under minimal supervision and limited supervisor interaction
- Support engineering design process by performing limited calculations under the guidance and supervision of engineering staff, such as earthwork and drainage calculations (preferred but not a requirement)
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and work with tight deadlines and last-minute changes
- Make trips to the field as needed in support of design, tendering and construction process
- Assist with project mapping and spatial data management as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Design Manager or COP
Interested and qualified candidates should email their application letter, current Curriculum Vitae (CV), 3
references, and copies of the required qualifications to [email protected] or drop hard copied to SEED CMC Offices, 52 Mphonongo Drive, Lilongwe. Subject on the envelope must be “CAD Operator”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Selected candidates will be hired to report in January 2021.
Compensation will be according to scale.
Deadline for submission of applications: November 26th, 2020 at noon.