Lilongwe Water Board
The Lilongwe Water Board is a Statutory Corporation established in 1947 and re-established under the Water Works Act (Cap 72). It is responsible for the provision of water supply services to the City of Lilongwe and other surrounding areas designated as its supply area. The Board is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates of Malawian origin to fill the vacant positions that exist at its Head Office, Madzi House, off Likuni Road in Lilongwe.
Purpose of the Job
The Plumber will be reporting to the Distribution Engineer and will be responsible for the management
of water distribution system within demarcated area.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertaking routine and planned maintenance works in compliance with standards;
- Installing new connections and geo referencing;
- Undertaking leak detection exercise within the area;
- Marking frequently bursting pipes within the area using Geographical Information System (GIS)
and arrange replacement of the same;
- Reporting all open trenches and road sections for reinstatement after repair of faults;
- Enforcing water board bye-laws;
- Supervising and appraising staff under his/her care;
- Participating in carrying out maintenance work on mains and supply pipes in emergencies and or
when need arises;
- Preparing reports;
- Responding to queries on matters related to water supply aspects;
- Monitoring resource utilization for maintenance works done in the area;
- Building the capacity of Water supply in the area at all levels.
- Implementing meter replacement programs;
- Demonstrating outstanding commitment to service delivery programs of the Board by
personally identifying and reporting water bursts/leakages to customer care Division of which
verifiable repair records shall be tendered to be used as one of the components for assessment
during one’s performance appraisal time.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
At least National Trade Test Grade 1 Plumbing Certificate and 2 years’ experience.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All interested persons who meet the stipulated requirements should submit their applications accompanied by updated Curriculum Vitae, copies of their Certificates and supporting documents with the names and addresses of three traceable referees one of which should be the last or current employer not later than 27th November 2020 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Lilongwe Water Board
P O Box 96,
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.