The Technical, Entrepreneurial and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TEVETA) is a regulatory body that was established in 1999 by an Act of Parliament with the mandate to coordinate and facilitate technical, entrepreneurial and vocational education and training in Malawi.
The Authority invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Position Title: Driver
Reporting to: Administrative Assistant
Job Purpose: To provide motor vehicle driving services
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Drives vehicles on official errands.
- Maintains log books for each trip, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes and greasing.
- Reports vehicle breakdowns or accidents following the laid down steps.
- Maintains schedules of COF and Insurance for vehicles and informing the Transport Officer when renewal is due
- Carries out routine care and minor checks of official vehicles
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Minimum of Malawi School Certificate of Education
- Valid riving Licence (class D or D1 )with a minimum two years’ experience in similar role supported by Defensive Driving Certificate
- Knowledge of automobile mechanics is an added advantage.
Interested persons meeting the above requirement should submit written applications with Curriculum Vitae, naming 3 traceable referees to:
The Executive Director
TEVETA is an equal opportunity employer. Closing date for receiving applications is 27th November 2020.
Due to anticipated large volumes of applications, only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.