Lilongwe Water Board
The Lilongwe Water Board is a Statutory Corporation established in 1947 and re-established under the Water Works Act (Cap 72). It is responsible for the provision of water supply services to the City of Lilongwe and other surrounding areas designated as its supply area. The Board is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates of Malawian origin to fill the vacant positions that exist at its Head Office, Madzi House, off Likuni Road in Lilongwe.
MOTOR VEHICLE DRIVER
Purpose of the Job
The Motor Vehicle Driver will be reporting to the Senior Motor Vehicle Driver and his/her job will be to ensure that all the Lilongwe Water Board vehicles are in good condition and road worthy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to Head Motor Vehicle Driver on vehicles due for service;
- Providing brief monthly vehicle status report to Head Motor Vehicle Driver;
- Driving staff and goods to various destinations;
- Conducting daily and routine motor vehicle checks;
- Maintaining the vehicle logbook;
- Cleaning the vehicle;
- Checking and advising on vehicle certification.
- Preparing periodic reports
- Demonstrating outstanding commitment to service delivery programs of the Board by
personally identifying and reporting water bursts/leakages to customer care Division of which
verifiable repair records shall be used during performance appraisal as one of the components
to be assessed for time.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE), valid driving License (PGD category) plus two years’
experience as a heavy goods driver.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All interested persons who meet the stipulated requirements should submit their applications accompanied by updated Curriculum Vitae, copies of their Certificates and supporting documents with the names and addresses of three traceable referees one of which should be the last or current employer not later than 27th November 2020 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Lilongwe Water Board
P O Box 96,
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.