Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty.
Poverty is an outrage against humanity. It robs people of their dignity and lets injustice thrive. But together we have the power to transform lives.
We are a global movement of people, churches and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality and justice worldwide. We are the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart.
We provide urgent, practical help in times of crisis and beyond. We seek to eradicate extreme poverty by tackling its root causes. Together with people living in poverty, we amplify our voices to speak truth to power and create lasting change.
Everyone is equal in the sight of God. For over 70 years, this has inspired us to stand together in solidarity with our global neighbours, of all faiths and none.
About the role
The role is responsible for programme finance compliance and risk management working with programme staff and partner organizations to assist them in planning, granting, budget and financial management. Oversee partners’ financial reporting, budgeting, auditing and compliance to agreed due diligence that relate to partner organizations, in line with Christian Aid’s procedures and policies. To build the financial and budget management capacity of local partner organization through training and support. To improve the capacity of Christian Aid programme staff to understand and uphold both Christian Aid’s and institutional donors’ financial policies and procedures and proactively manage contracts and risk within respective projects and programmes
Those applying for this role must have the following:
- The role holder will be qualified to at least degree level (or equivalent) and part qualified member of a recognised accounting organisation
- Knowledge of financial standards required by donors, local financial standards and legal framework
- Experience of working with financial accounting procedures of writing and reviewing financial reports, creating and monitoring budgets and working with compliance regulations.
- Considerable experience in delivering financial training using different methodologies.
- Experience with using excel and word processing packages and other account reporting tools
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a season ticket loan, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.