Nkhoma Synod Health Department invites applications from suitably d and well experienced applicants for the position of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist tenable at Nkhoma Mission Hospital.
She/He will assist with lecturing the MMed (Family Medicine) course and Surgical registrar course. A Secondary task will be to strengthen the obsterics/Gynecology Department at Nkhoma Hospital through hands on e and a supervisory role. It is expected that fifty per cent (50%) of the will be devoted to teaching and fifty per cent (50%) to service provision. The post holder is accountable and answerable to the Hospital al Director.
- Conducting annual review of the Obstetrics/Gynecology course for Family Medicine and PAACS Registrars’ Program.
- Teaching and supervision of on-site Registrars, MBBS students on rotation and visiting students. Arranging Obstetrics/Gynecology Clinical Tutorials.
- Monitoring progress and report quarterly to the various Registrar Program Heads, and evaluations for visiting students or Clinicians.
- Incorporating Christian faith in both bedside practice and teaching.
B. SERVICE DELIVERY
- Supporting and providing specialist advice to the Obstetrics/ Gynecology clinical team at Nkhoma Hospital.
- Supporting the supervision of clinical staff at the Hospital, health centre level and community level. Supporting the call coverage as agreed upon by the Medical Director.
- Helping in running the Obstetrics/Gynecology clinical Audits
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Medical Degree (MBBS/MD) or its equivalent.
- MMed Obstetrics/Gynecology or its equivalent.
- Fluent in English
- Experience in teaching or training at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Work experience in Obstetrics/Gynaecology at District level in developing countries.
- Ability to work as an active team member.
- Maintain registrations (both MO and Specialist) with Malawi Medical council.
- Practical experience in research is an added advantage.
- Experience in developing Curricula and Syllabi is an added advantage.
All applicants should be conversant with the teachings and traditions of CCAP Nkhoma Synod.
Applications must be submitted together with copies of certificates and d Curriculum Vitae which should include names and detailed is of at least three traceable referees and applicant’s current working phone numbers. These should be sent to the following address by close of business on 22nd October, 2020.
The Human Resource Management Officer
P.O Box 48
Alternatively, applications may also be sent to the following email address: [email protected]