College of Medicine
College of Medicine (COM) is a leading academic institution of excellence under the University of Malawi The College has 3 campuses with the main campus situated in Blantyre along Mahatma Gandhi Road, another one in Lilongwe and a satellite campus in Mangocni. COM has three academic faculties, namely, the Faculty of Medicine, the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences and the School of Public Health and Family Medicine. Apart from the academic faculties, COM has well-established research centres and affiliates such as MAC, BMP, MLW and JHP. COM also runs well-established business units, including the COM Mortuary, the Sports Complex and the COM Clinic
COM currently has staff vacancies in various departments. Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following position.
DEPARTMENT OF PUBUC HEALTH
Lecturer/Assistant Lecturer in Nutrition and Dietetics
Reporting to the Head of Department, the successful candidate will be expected to undertake teaching, research, administrative and community engagement work. The Staff Associate or Assistant Lecturer will perform their duties under supervision and guidance from senior colleagues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Among other duties and responsibilities, the successful candidate will be expected to
- Teach courses in Nutrition/Dietetics
- Conduct demonstrations and tutorials
- Supervise students during practice rotations, and support the students on implementation of care plans as needed.
- Participate in setting examinations
- Conduct assessment of students
- Participate in curriculum development.
- Serve on various university, college and departmental committees.
- Engage in writing research proposals and submit them for funding
- Participate in conducting research in collaboration with other members of staff
- Participate in dissemination of research results at conferences and in publications
- Attend departmental, faculty, College and other meetings as required
Applicants must have the following qualifications
- Masters Degree in Clinical Nutrition or Dietetics – for Lecturers
- BSc (Honors) in Human Nutrition/Dietetics/Food Science or MBBS for Assistant Lecturer
- At least 1 year of post-internship clinical experience and registration with the Medical Council of Malawi for candidates with medical background – for Assistant Lecturer.
- Candidates with teaching experience in higher education institutions will have an added advantage
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications together with copies of relevant certificates, detailed CVs and names of three traceable referees to:
College of Medicine
Private Bag 360
Or email: [email protected]
Applications should be submitted by 30 October, 2020. Please indicate the title of the post in the subject line (email submissions) and on the envelope (hard copy submissions). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.