Global Health Corps (GHC)
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Position Type: Full Time
Timeline: October 2020 – December 2020
Monthly Stipend: 150 USD
Global Health Corps
Global Health Corps (GHC) is building a new generation of global health leadership. We believe that solving the world’s most pressing global health challenges requires better and more connected leaders who are able to work across traditional boundaries like geography, sector, and issue area to engineer stronger global health systems. We need more than clinicians and providers; we need management consultants, engineers, artists, and architects. We need new leadership voices and new perspectives, especially those representing the populations most often left out and unheard.
GHC competitively recruits and selects emerging leaders from around the world who represent a wide range of skillsets and areas of expertise, all of which are critical to rebuilding and strengthening health systems. GHC is developing a cadre of health equity leaders through a unique leadership development program that utilizes experiential and formal learning methods.
Through a one-year fellowship program, fellows address a wide-range of health issues with high-impact grassroots organizations, NGOs, and ministries of health in Rwanda, Malawi, Uganda, Zambia, and the United States. Fellowship positions are demand-driven, ensuring that our fellows fill real-time health systems gaps and serve to amplify the great work already in progress. Placement organizations benefit from the skills and energy of fellows, as well as the support of GHC. We are building a network of young changemakers who share the common belief that health is a human right.
For more information, visit our website or find us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Operations Associate – Intern is an exceptionally well-organized, hard-working individual within our small, entrepreneurial team. The ideal candidate thrives in an informal, fast-paced, start-up environment and is excited to support the Malawi Country Team in all aspects of operations. The Malawi Operations Associate will serve on a two-person country team including a Malawi Country Manager and Malawi Program and Operations Coordinator. Because the team is small and innovative thinking is valued, there are many opportunities to grow and experiment. The role focuses on operational areas such as purchasing, vendor management, and housing coordination. This role provides many opportunities to work with a wide network of emerging leaders from around the world and colleagues in many forward thinking non-profit organizations and the Ministry of Health in Malawi. This is the perfect role for someone who wants to understand how a small non-profit operates and is excited to dive in and gain experience supporting a range of functions. There is significant opportunity for leadership in this role.
- Support with fellow housing, including selection according to GHC’s security standards and resolution of any in-country issues or concerns in collaboration with the Malawi Program and Operations Coordinator
- Update the network of health and wellness resources in-country
- Support with fellow visas and work permits acquisition
- Support logistics for all Malawi program-related activities for quarterly retreat planning which include: researching and identification of venues, coordinating travel, ordering retreat materials, staffing logistics and payments
- Support day-to-day banking requirements.
- Support stakeholder mapping for Malawi Office
- Support fellow recruitment and selection
- Support printing and distribution of recruitment fliers
- Support routine office procurements and general office requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Business Administration or any other related
- Project management skills, including ability to effectively prioritize and complete tasks efficiently and on time
- Top-notch attention to detail
- Commitment to social justice and passion for global health equity
- Motivated by getting results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in financial management
- Experience in communications and event planning
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume. Due to the high volume of applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying!