Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
The Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a recognized global leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS. In its work to eliminate paediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs, EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners. In 2020, EGPAF’s global footprint spans 17 countries. EGPAF supports service provision for comprehensive HIV care, treatment and prevention programs, and health systems strengthening. To date, EGPAF has supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counselling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care.
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence‐based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 151 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) ‐funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi.
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open positions.
Position : Site Clinical Coordinator (10)
Location : Chiradzulu, Thyolo, Blantyre
Reporting to : District Technical Officer
The Site Clinical Coordinator will provide direct service delivery at the facility level in the areas of HIV/MNCH/TB management under the supervision of the District Technical Officer. He/she will additionally lead and implement all innovations in terms of service delivery quality improvement in coordination with other facility staff.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Provides overall site supervision and Coordination for all program staff supporting service delivery (Linkage Nurses, HIV Diagnostic Assistants (HDAs), Adherence Support Officers (ASOs), Cervical Cancer Nurses and Expert Clients accordingly.
- Work collaboratively with the HTS Focal Person and Providers to ensure PITC optimization in high yield sites as well as index testing at the facility level.
- Lead the facility teams in the planning and organization of innovative testing approaches including Male Friendly services
- Collaborate with the TB Officer and facility teams to implement and supervise daily systematic TB screening initiatives in the OPD, MCH and other service delivery points.
- Coordinate and collaborate with MOH facility staff to ensure continuity and smooth running of HIV/TB services at the facility level
- Provide leadership in the implementation of Differentiated service delivery models at the designated health facility
Implementation and Direct Service Delivery
- Support implementation of PrEP activities as per the national guidelines
- Liaise with HDA supervisor/ team in the clinic to achieve Provider Initiated Testing and Counseling (PITC) optimization and index testing for improved case identification and ensure optimal Service delivery at high yield service delivery points.
- Provide direct service delivery in the ART/MCH/TB clinic to ensure appropriate client-centred care based on risk categorization: These include rapid ART initiation, ART treatment optimization, routine follow up of clients on ART, management of clients with high Viral Load results and collaborating with community partners to improve retention.
- Implement TB prevention, case identification and treatment including TB/HIV integration strategies for adults and children at both the ART clinic, inpatient and outpatient departments at the facility level
- In collaboration with ART clerks and Linkage Nurse, generate the list of missed appointments for active follw-up,case management, proper documentation and monitoring the outcome.
- Lead in organizing, provision of direct services and documenting outcomes in special DSD clinics: Family Model clinics, paediatric clinics, MIP and adolescent clinics, HIV/TB co-infected clinics, Advanced HIV clinics and 6 monthly scripting
- Provide clinical consultation of complicated cases including, case management of patients with poor adherence, retention, 2nd line ART initiation, pediatric ART initiation and optimization and TB/HIV Cor-morbidity management
- Screen for COVID and provide triage for clients attending the ART clinics
- Coach and mentor facility staff (clinician, nurse, expert clients) through the implementation of Quality improvement initiatives
- Conduct CPD/CMEs on selected areas of HIV/TB care
Monitoring and Reporting
- Leads in the writing of HTS and ART reports on monthly, quarterly intervals and other periodic reports related to PMTCT and Pediatric component as required by the EGPAF
- Provide timely facility critical updates and feedback on issues affecting direct service delivery
- Responsible for tracking the performance of key program indicators on a minimum of weekly basis through awareness of weekly targets or weekly updates with the facility team.
- Participate in the data collection, documentation and sharing of promising practices related to PMTCT, EID and Pediatric HIV interventions.
- Represent EGPAF at the facility level in routine MOH meetings
- Participate and contribute in the facility clinical meetings, handover meetings
- Stay current with national HIV, TB, STI management guidelines and ensure that patients are managed properly and according to the standard protocol.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- More than 3 years of experience in HIV/TB management.
- Trained in ART management
- Registered with the relevant Registration bodies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interest and aptitude to engage with data and utilize data for decision making
- Organized and strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to use forms, tools, and interest to utilize software and digital platforms
- Good interpersonal skill
Closing Date: October 23, 2020