Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
The Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a recognized global leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS. In its work to eliminate paediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs, EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners. In 2020, EGPAF’s global footprint spans 17 countries. EGPAF supports service provision for comprehensive HIV care, treatment and prevention programs, and health systems strengthening. To date, EGPAF has supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counselling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care.
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence‐based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 151 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) ‐ funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi.
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open position.
Position : Project Lead / Manager – AHD
Location : Lilongwe
Reporting to : Director of Programs
With funding from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) will be implementing a 2-year quality improvement (QI) collaborative project in Malawi with the goals of;
- Accelerating the scale up and improve the outcomes of the Advanced HIV Disease (AHD) program by defining and scaling practical models for providing access to AHD services for people living with HIV in Malawi.
- Disseminating these models as best practices for other countries with similar disease burden and resource constraints via mechanisms such as the CQUIN Advanced HIV Disease Community of Practice for Advanced Disease.
The project Lead/Manager is responsible for providing the day-to-day oversight and coordination to effectively implement the Advanced HIV Disease (AHD) project in Malawi. He/she will be a key member of the country and EGPAF global AHD project team, and will work in close coordination with EGPAF staff in Malawi and at the global level. This position will work closely with representatives of the Ministry of Health in Malawi, especially with Departments of HIV/AIDS and Quality Management as well as national and international implementing partners, and representatives from other donors and CSOs.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Provide oversight and support to the Advanced HIV Disease project staff in Malawi to ensure on-time and effective project implementation, including programmatic, M&E and advocacy aspects;
- Serve as the key institutional resource and focal point for the Advanced HIV Disease project for EGPAF – Malawi;
- Lead the development of appropriate country specific systems to ensure consistent, high-quality project management;
- Support human resource planning, annual work plan and budget planning and monitoring, use of data for decision making and ensuring program results;
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence by providing, facilitating or coordinating high quality programmatic support to project staff/stakeholders at all levels;
- Participates in the formulation, review and of national protocols and policies on Advanced HIV Disease service delivery and recommends standards/models to be used in the provision of clinical services to TWG (s) in keeping with WHO and national standards and guidelines;
- Provides Advanced HIV Disease technical support and guidance to district-based clinicians;
- Organizes regular technical updates/review meetings for Advanced HIV Disease to the MOH and EGPAF technical staff;
- Support development of evidence-based strategies and models for Advanced HIV Disease services and activities;
- Lead the development of technical tools, SOPs and guidance to support implementation of high quality, evidence based and innovative interventions for AHD across the program;
- Track and report on all AHD related inputs, processes, outputs, outcomes and impact at the project supported sites in collaboration with relevant stakeholders especially the national AHD technical working group to ensure that adequate progress is made towards set targets;
- Recommends/Identifies training needs on Advanced HIV Disease in the supported districts;
- Provides on-the-job training and updating of skills of health care workers as needed;
- Prepares periodic reports on Advanced HIV Disease activities as per the donor and EGPAF standards;
- Represent EGPAF in national TWGs and external meetings related to HIV specifically Advanced HIV Disease as appropriate;
- Organize and lead project review meetings in collaboration with National AHD committee to review progress on activities, deliverables, timelines, and finances as well as risks;
- Medical Degree (MD, MBChB, MB SB)
- Master of Public Health (MPH); Master of Sciences Epidemiology (MSc) or equivalent degree is an added advantage
- More than 5 years’ experience in the field of HIV/ AIDS at National and Regional level including designing strategies for Implementing Health Programs specifically HIV Treatment and Care Programmes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with managing large and/or complex healthcare implementation projects
- Knowledge of Advanced HIV Disease management and guidelines
- Excellent collaboration and partnering skills in a teamwork environment
- Excellent oral and report writing and presentation skills. Proven ability to write high quality scientific/management documents
- Substantive experience in leading major national, regional and international meetings on HIV/AIDS treatment and care issues for various stakeholders both public, private and civil society
- Experience in capacity building and program evaluations/reviewing HIV/AIDS related researches, and working with technical staff to ensure that this is translated into improved and expanded Health service delivery
- Experience in convening and moderating a range of stakeholders/Technical meetings at National level to review various policy and other documents in order to formulate National strategic plans and or develop or adopt National guidelines
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team
Closing Date: October 23, 2020