Christian Aid is a UK-based international development organization that insists the world can and must be swiftly changed to one where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty and inequality. We have an integrated approach to poverty eradication, working worldwide on humanitarian relief, long-term development, advocacy and campaigns to expose the scandal of poverty by challenging and changing systems and institutions that favour the rich and powerful over the poor and marginalized. Christian Aid works in some of the world’s poorest communities, supporting projects on the basis of need, not religion, ethnicity, gender or nationality.
About the role
Christian Aid is tendering for a high profile anti corruption UKaid funded 3.5 year contract in Malawi, MACOF. Total contract value is £3.9m (potential of £4.4m) which includes a £1.4m Opportunity Fund. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key part of the leadership of an innovative and transformational Malawi led programme.
You will provide oversight and coordination of the Opportunity Fund to be administered by the MACOF programme in Malawi. This will be a grants fund. You will ensure the sound management of grants, through development and application of effective and transparent systems. Your contract will be a 3.5 year contract and will initially be awarded subject to successfully winning the work.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- increase the risks for those engaging in corruption, by highlighting corrupt activity and publicly exposing corrupt individuals and corporations; and
- reduce the opportunity to engage in corrupt activity, by improving compliance with and strengthening the anti-corruption architecture regulating the public and private sector.
Key outcomes include:
- Identifying civil society organisations or coalitions of actors to deliver innovative and disruptive programme interventions
- Development of effective and transparent mechanisms (processes and templates) for the management of grants, including management of grants and reporting systems.
- Work with the finance & programme team to ensure accurate, timely, efficient and transparent processes for the entire grant life cycle from concept to close-out. This entails pre-award management, tracking payments, post-award management, reviewing or producing relevant reports, and maintaining all grant agreements and MOUs pertaining to grant awards.
- Monitor grant compliance and implementation to ensure projects are delivered to specifications.
- Manage the grant database and document management system
- Work with the senior management team to plan grant funding windows and themes
- Ensure clear and complete documentation and records relating to all grant funded work
- Ensure high quality guidance and advice to grant partners
- Providing analysis of grants programme for donor reporting purposes.
Significant experience in the management of grant funding in the international development sector
Significant international development experience in governance or anti corruption programmes at scale
Expertise in providing capacity building and training for organisations in the field of international development
Degree in a development related subject or equivalent
Advanced communication skills, including fluent written and spoken English
Advanced numeracy skills
Post graduate qualification in related area is desirable.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to make a difference, looking to take on an exciting leadership challenge within Christian Aid and working in a hard-working, friendly, open team.
Application is by submission of a CV with supporting statement. Please ensure you address the competency requirements in your supporting statement. These can be found in the role profile. To apply please follow the link below.
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a season ticket loan, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.