Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
The Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a recognized global leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS. In its work to eliminate paediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs, EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners. In 2020, EGPAF’s global footprint spans 17 countries. EGPAF supports service provision for comprehensive HIV care, treatment and prevention programs, and health systems strengthening. To date, EGPAF has supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counselling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care. “
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence‐based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 179 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) ‐funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi
EGPAF seeks to fill the following position:
- Job title : Temporary Network Engineer
Reports to : Lead Network Engineer
Location : Lilongwe
The candidate will be deployed other sites in others districts based on technical support needs as determined by the Lead Network Engineer. The Network Engineer will among other duties also perform the following duties as laid out in the TORS below;
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Identify and Resolve EMR network related issues in facilities
- Installation of EMR network infrastructure
- Monitor connectivity for all connected EMRS sites
- Reconfigure network equipment and maintain facility network infrastructure
- Ability to Maintain Wide Area Network i.e Core Switch Troubleshooting and VLAN configuration and Management
- Configuration of Cisco Routers deployed by TNM to Health Facilities.
- Configuration of new sites to the PRTG Monitoring Tool.
- Monitoring of status of sites.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in computer science, information technology or related technical discipline (strongly preferred) or equivalent education and experience.
Skill and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a technical capacity supporting a network or infrastructure or application configuration
- 5+ years supporting large scale enterprise network infrastructures using Cisco solutions
- 5+ years designing enterprise scale routing and switching environments
- 5+ years of experience with Network Monitoring.
- Expert level experience with the following protocols and technologies: EIGRP, OSFP, BGP, MPLS, STP and HSRP. Subject matter expert experience installing, maintaining, and configuring network, infrastructure and applications
- 5 years experienced including. Should also be capable of conducting site assessment to identify issues/gaps in power, hardware and software.
- Working experience in a maintenance role in a similar environment and dealt with continuous maintenance and support.
- Experience in preventative maintenance in network management is a plus
- Understanding of Routing and Switching.
- Understanding of Cisco Technologies i.e. IPSec DMVPN.
- Routing troubleshooting skills.
Closing Date : September 21, 2020