- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Social Sciences, Community Development, Community Health etc).
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and an eye for detail.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and local languages.
- Experience in working on innovative social media strategy, with the ability to create and schedule engaging social media content to attract people to our social media platforms.
- Passionate about feminism, empowering girls and women and raising awareness of their rights.
- Knowledgeable about the socio-cultural and economic issues affecting women and girls in Malawi.
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable with working in an international environment and communicating with Plan International colleagues around the world.
- Well networked and willing to build on existing relationships with strategic partners, such as prominent feminists, girls and women’s rights movements, brand ambassadors, government and the media.
- Availability to travel within Malawi, sometimes at short notice.
■ Some experience with photo and video editing.
■ Experience in management planning and management of high-profile events.
■ Experience in the design and creation of content for websites and internal communications platforms.
■ Excellent coordination and organizational skills and commitment to work outside regular working hours to achieve deadlines and manage events.
Send your CVs and cover letters to: [email protected]