Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI)
COOPI is looking for a Country Representative/PM in Malawi
COOPI is currently implementing several projects in Malawi mainly in the areas of Disaster Risk Reduction, Disaster Preparedness, Emergency & Relief, Resilience, Energy Facility, Climate Change, Food Security, Agriculture, Irrigation and Value Chain.
We encourage international staff already in the country to apply.
The objective of this position is to ensure overall oversight for two ECHO projects implemented in the country and one UNDP project. The main tasks linked to this position are:
PROJECT MANAGEMENT, IMPLEMENTATION AND SUPERVISION
- Responsible for ensuring effectiveness and implementation of ongoing projects activities to ensure the timely achievement of targeted results in the area of the same projects;
- Provide strong leadership for area of the ongoing projects, working to ensure both short and long-term positive impacts and outcomes for the beneficiaries, local authorities (where applicable) and local staff;
- Responsible for the monitoring and supervision of projects field activities to ensure good progress of planned activities and timely achievement of expected results;
- Responsible for the elaboration and updating of projects monitoring plans, including forecasting costs/expenditures, according to the projects budget and strict monitoring of the same; co –funding sources identification in collaboration with the administrative staff present;
- In collaboration with the field teams, responsible for the generation of action plans and compilation of field reports (this includes monthly progress reports, quarterly progress reports and other external reports as per the donor requirements);
- To ensure good visibility of the projects’ overall goals, policies and envisaged and/or results achieved as per COOPI and donor communication policies;
- Ensure sector integration, learning, sharing and adoption of best practices;
- Responsible for field security issues.
PROJECT HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- A key responsibility of the Country Representative will be the human resource management and guidance to ensure that the projects staff promotes community participation and community decisions in all the projects strategies and implementation;
- Guide the supervised staff of the projects on COOPI objectives, policies, strategies and Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), and respect to the humanitarian principles;
- Guide the Field Teams in planning for implementation of activities and monitoring in line with program plans in their districts.
PROJECT COORDINATION AND LIAISON FUNCTIONS
- Liaise with the Area Manager on issues pertinent to the ongoing projects;
- Country Representative will ensure that cross-cutting issues are accounted for while alleviating risks and while preparing communities to face disasters and ongoing emergencies;
- Attend projects’ related meetings at field level (including those with donors as requested);
- Participate in cluster meetings and other coordination meetings in the field;
- Under directions of the Area Manager, act as link/liaison between COOPI and stakeholders, representing COOPI at relevant forums (including coordination), joint assessments and providing feedback on the same;
- Proven experience in leadership and management of relatively complex consortium partnerships;
- Proven expertise in building new partnership with relevant donors and stakeholders;
- Proven knowledge in drafting new proposal with relevant donors (ECHO, UN and European Union agencies);
- Update the logistic department on any pertinent security or access issues;
- Be responsible for the update and implementation of the security contingency plan.
- Advanced degree in political science, development cooperation, economics, agriculture, food security;
- Excellent knowledge of project cycle-management;
- Sound knowledge of international donors procedures, in particular ECHO, UNDP, UNICEF;
- Strong commitment to follow the rules and procedures of the organization;
- Proficiency in written English;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Valid driving license.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory abilities and demonstrated capacity of teamwork;
- Adequate resilience to stress;
- Excellent inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints.
- Previous experience in southern African country;
- Previous experience in writing project proposals;
- Knowledge of the Italian language;
- GIS software previous experience.