Nkhoma University Is Inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position tenable at Its Head Office In Lilongwe.
The main purpose of the Secretary is to support the efficient delivery of operational and administrative functions in the University administration. The successful candidate will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Develop and maintain a filling system
- Draft and word format correspondences
- Keep inventory of office equipment and other assets
- Facilitate meetings, events and other activities
- Take minutes and transcribe them
- Requisition of consumables
- Manage sensitive and confidential records
- Maintain mail register and manage office diaries
- Maintain steady supplies and accessories for the administration
- Supervise departmental junior staff (office assistants, cleaners, security guards).
- Identify and report maintenance faults (plumbing, electrical and structural) to responsible officers.
- Any other duties assigned by the University administration from time to time.
Educational Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Diploma n Secretarial Studies or Business Management plus Shorthand 100 WPM, Typing 50WPM (advanced), Bookkeeping and Commerce, Office Practice/Etiquette and English for Business Communication.
- Knowledge of Microsoft computer packages such as Word and Excel
- Multi-tasking ability
- At least 3 years experience in a busy institution
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous working experience in a higher education institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications with Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and names plus emails of three traceable referees should be submitted to:
P. O. Box 136
E-mail: [email protected]
Applications should be delivered by Tuesday, 8th September, 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.