Madisi Mission Hospital
Madisi Mission Hospital is a provider of specialised healthcare services and one of the referral hospitals in Dowa District & is under the Archdiocese of Lilongwe of the Roman Catholic Church and is affiliated to the Christian Health Association of Malawi. It is located about 80km from Liongwe along the M1 road to
Kasungu and 1km from Madisi Trading Centre.
An opportunity has arisen for vacant positions within the Hospital as indicated below
Vacancy Reference number VAC/MMH/2//7/20
Post: Environmental Health Officer
Responsible to: Principal Preventive Health Officer
Job Summary: Providing technical guidance and management of infection prevention and control services
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect various institutions and work places to ensure that adequate steps are taken to
- Plan, organize end manage pollution control activities in the hospital and surrounding communities
- Collaborate with all hospital departments and other external sectors involved in environmental activities
- Examine applications and plans for sanitary clearance.
- Enforce laws and regulations on health and safety
- Act as HMIS focal person as and when the Principal preventive health officer is not present and facilitate the overall process of collecting, analysing and disseminating the information and making their sufficient use.
- Coordinate or combine the resources of health care institutions, social service organizations, public safety personnel, or other agencies to enhance the community health
- Design or use monitoring tools, like as screening, lab records, and val information, to recognize health risks
- Develop tools to address behavioral causes of diseases.
- Direct or control prevention programs in specialized areas such as work-related, infectious disease, and environmental medicine
- Assess the effectiveness of recommended risk reduction actions or other interventions.
- Recognize groups at threat for specific preventable diseases.
- Carry out epidemiological research of acute and chronic diseases.
- Prepare precautionary health reports which include problem explanations. analyses, alternate solutions, end suggestions
- Deliver details about potential health risks and possible treatments to the media, the public, other health care experts or local, national and international health regulators.
- Liaise with medical team regarding precautionary medicine problems.
- Implement or assess health service delivery systems to enhance the health of specific communities.
- Any other duties as maybe assigned from time to time.
- A holder of a Bachelor’s Degree m public health or Environmental Health from an accredited institution of higher learning is desired
- At least 2 years’ work experience in similar role will be a plus
- Registration with Medical Council of Malawi is a Must
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of pubic /environmental health statutes
Mode of Application
Interested and fully qualified individuals must send their applications including a statement of interest,
Curriculum Vitae, copies of professional certificates and contacts of three traceable professional referees to.
The Human Resource Management Officer
Madisi Mission Hospital
P.O. Box 30
Or through email address [email protected] and copy to [email protected] not later than Monday, 31st August, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Madisi Mission Hospital is an equal opportunities employer